IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pevely Thoughts
9/2/18, 6:01 AM   #1
Pevely Thoughts
ryan84

If you weren't there, you missed 1 hell of a race. Definitely best race of year I've seen, at 1 point you could almost throw a blanket over the top 8. Hope they are back next year and have more support from the fans, crowd was poor in my eyes. This track is BADASS and made for some amazing non wing racing!!!!!

9/2/18, 9:49 AM   #2
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Agree on all points. Granite City became good too after they brought out the roto-tiller. I noticed Pevely did the same before hot laps. Maybe that's the magic ingredient, roto-tiller and then don't pack it super hard! Fantastic race! Should have had a better crowd. You won't find better sprint car racing anywhere.

9/2/18, 11:42 AM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Only thing we didn't like was we couldn't hear much of the podium interviews because of the Modifieds being on the track.
Other than that,Awesome.Big thumbs up to all!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/2/18, 11:55 AM   #4
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

Since I saw my first outlaw race there 10 years ago I’ve been waiting for that race. Holy cow...better than I’d imagined it it! USAC qualified less than a second behind the wings, those men were getting with it last night! The top 7 were just dukin it out for most of the race. It was hard to even watch Ballou do his thing, going last to third in the race. Congrats to McDougal, he drove hard both nights and capitalized with the win last night. Hope the #55 is not hurtin to bad, that was a hard nasty hit he took. Overall by far the best race of the year for me!! Only disappointment was crowd size. Hopefully they give it another shot next year and usac fans heavily support it. Talked to one guy who’d only seen wings, he was skeptical at first, at end of the night he said he was hooked and couldn’t believe how much better usac was.

9/2/18, 12:58 PM   #5
NOSTINKINWINGS

And what happened to the "Same guys Winning" commentors. 2 new winners in the last 3 races...

9/2/18, 3:24 PM   #6
Re: Pevely Thoughts
racenut69

I too hope that this show comes back next year. Yes,
the crowd was pretty poor but they don't have a full house for the weekly show,either

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, illinifan, oppweld
9/2/18, 9:30 PM   #7
DaveInDawgland

Two of the very best features of this USAC season. My compliments to the management of both facilities. It was well worth the long drive up from Georgia. Yes, look forward to returning.

7 members like this post: Dirtfan, illinifan, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, ryan84, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pevely Thoughts