IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GLSS acquires MTS & starts Lightning Sprint Series
10/2/19, 10:06 PM   #1
GLSS acquires MTS & starts Lightning Sprint Series
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

This is on the Great Lakes Super Sprints Facebook page.

Great Lakes Super Sprints acquire Michigan Traditional Sprints & starts a Lightning Sprint Series.
MTS will now be known as Great Lakes Traditional Sprints (GLTS) and will have a slight purse increase.

Full story here - link below.
tjslideways.com/2019/10/02/great-lakes-super-sprints-acquires-mts-starts-lightning-sprint-series
Last edited by nathans1012; 10/2/19 at 10:16 PM.

10/14/19, 8:15 PM   #2
MIracing

Slight play increase. GLSS also does a good job with PR and has been very successful in getting races in a short period of time. It will be interesting to see if this takes MTS or now GLTS to the next level. I would think they may look to even hit some Indiana track in which GLSS already has a relationship. Such as Montpelier, Gas City and Plymouth.

I also heard non wing sprints will probably make a return to Butler this year.

10/14/19, 11:04 PM   #3
staggerman

Got to remember Barry promotes a lot of the GLSS shows in MI. Got to figure the MTS and Lightening series will pick up more shows by them being support classes for the GLSS 360’s.

Did see on Twitter that GLSS has a big push to get into Northern OH tracks that were historically NRA (Fremont, Attica and Waynesfield) as the rumor mill is the NRA has been sold again.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
10/15/19, 3:13 PM   #4
Re: GLSS acquires MTS & starts Lightning Sprint Series
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

In the grand scheme of things I think this could be a good thing moving forward towards the 2020 season for the Great Lakes region.

2 members like this post: dwhitney1169, PIT CART
10/16/19, 11:00 AM   #5
Re: GLSS acquires MTS & starts Lightning Sprint Series
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
Slight play increase. GLSS also does a good job with PR and has been very successful in getting races in a short period of time. It will be interesting to see if this takes MTS or now GLTS to the next level. I would think they may look to even hit some Indiana track in which GLSS already has a relationship. Such as Montpelier, Gas City and Plymouth.

I also heard non wing sprints will probably make a return to Butler this year.
It is only good for both. MTS/GLTS will make a nice undercard for GLSS - provided GLSS can bankroll this whole thing over time.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GLSS acquires MTS & starts Lightning Sprint Series