IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hero of a driver
10/2/11, 6:05 PM   #1
Hero of a driver
okienonwingfan

I know these are taxi cabs and all. But, this driver put himself in harms way to save another. By the way he does have a sprint car also. This happened last night at a stock car special race in Ada, Oklahoma. Drivers name was Kip Hughes.

Last edited by okienonwingfan; 10/2/11 at 6:07 PM.

10/2/11, 6:20 PM   #2
Re: Hero of a driver
leftylen

Wow!

10/2/11, 8:09 PM   #3
Bruce Harrison

Not to overshadow a great display of heroism but every driver of every class of race car should watch this video and ask themselves if the safety equipment they own now would be sufficient if they were the one in the upside-down burning car...

10/2/11, 8:21 PM   #4
okienonwingfan

agree

10/2/11, 8:34 PM   #5
Bad Dad 54

That was a display courage by all involved, but why is the car being hosed down on the opposite side? Take care of the driver 1st then the car. Happy no one was hurt

10/2/11, 8:39 PM   #6
racephoto1

Just as impressve was the guy in the yellow short sleeve shirt. He didn't back down either. Guy on fire is one lucky fellow.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
10/3/11, 5:07 AM   #7
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison View Post
Not to overshadow a great display of heroism but every driver of every class of race car should watch this video and ask themselves if the safety equipment they own now would be sufficient if they were the one in the upside-down burning car...
Hence my comment in another thread.

10/3/11, 8:53 AM   #8
backitin

I didnt watch the video, one thing I know is I seen two people burn up in their cars. I think about the one guy for a second everytime I sit in my car, and I'll never forget him screaming. That time was when I took some of my buds for the 3 hour ride from here to flemington to watch some real modifieds. The racing wasnt going on for 10 minutes and a guy flipped and burst into flames in front of us. You could do nothing but watch from the stands, it was ugly and afterwards no one said a word on the way home.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hero of a driver