IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brady Short and fans and awards. Sad
9/25/16, 1:32 AM   #1
Brady Short and fans and awards. Sad
D.O.

I would like to personally thank Brady Short for showing up to race at Lincoln Park Speedway tonight to race on awards night. He could of chose Paragon, closer to home or Eldora. But tonight was points award night for the top ten in each class. The Spikers spent a lot of money on over 40 trophys and awards. Guess who couldn't find the time to ride their 4 wheeler maybe 150 yards from the pits to the front stretch, BRADY SHORT. Every other driver for the 4 classes who were on the grounds came to the awards and sat with their friends, mechanics and fans. Some didn't race yet still showed up. Now maybe he was working on his car, but the others took time away from their cars. So that's maybe an excuse for tonight. But what about the Hooiser Auto Race Fans HARF banquet a few years ago in the middle of winter. Brady was the MSCS champion and a track champion and the awards are paid for by the fans. He was a no show then. I think he has showed a lot lack of respect to the track owners and fans by not excepting his hard deserved awards from the tracks and fan clubs. Maybe they don"t mean anything to him but Kevin Thomas has every HARF award on display in his garage and he was there to pick them up. Not trying to pick a fight but stating facts. So I hope in the future maybe we can see him picking up his awards due him.

Sorry for spelling but no spell check and no glasses tonight.

Dan Laycock

9/25/16, 2:59 AM   #2
Re: Brady Short and fans and awards. Sad
Jerry Shaw

It's a shame, because he is a great driver. I've always been a fan and he's been a part of some of the best races I've ever seen. But being perceived as ungrateful is one of the worse things that you can be known for. All the great ones loved the fans and the fans they made were fans for life. Clauson and Amati were two examples that stand out. It's no coincidence that they're my two favorite drivers of all time.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/25/16 at 3:02 AM.

5 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, ISF, jerrydt, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/25/16, 3:03 AM   #3
cjm3535

He's always been ungrateful.

1 member likes this post: tbugdad
9/25/16, 3:33 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

D.O. brought up an issue that was obviously important to him and he did it in a well thought out way, without name calling or using foul language. This is one of these threads that can go into a downward spiral quickly. If you have something to add, do it in the manner that D.O. did. If you can't do that without name calling and want to treat this forum like it's that other forum, your post is not going to remain. I'm saying this because I've had to moderate this tread multiple times already.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/25/16 at 4:16 AM.

9/25/16, 3:39 AM   #5
streetglider

Well said DO.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
9/25/16, 4:53 AM   #6
D.O.

I have to also say that there are other drivers who don't show up for HARF awards at their yearly banquet, and some are USAC and track champions. That is upsetting because HARF is a FAN club that helps race fans with track discounts and such. Back in the day the HARF banquet was a must attend deal for the various drivers. Drivers like Eddie Sachs, Lee Wallard, Pat O Conner etc attended the meetings as well as the banquet. So yes many where upset that a great driver didn't attend. That was no big deal because that required some driving miles to attend. But when a driver can go across the track to receive a beautiful 3 foot or larger trophy for their success is upsetting to the fans and perhaps a slap in the face of the track owners. Sorry for the rant and I hope everybody understand. Attendance or non attendance of this takes nothing away from the drivers skills Brady Short is a damn fine racer and I just feel bad for the fans who pay to watch all the drivers thru out the season.
Please don't drag this issue into the gutter. How many people hate Kyle Busch? Lots but he still is a wheelman.

9/25/16, 9:03 AM   #7
Sideways

To good for a 6th place trophy
Last edited by Sideways; 9/25/16 at 9:07 AM.

9/25/16, 9:58 AM   #8
dshort36

Brady did not intentionally miss the awards. We thought they were for the top 5 only we do apologize to our fans and the spikers who are great people. And D O maybe u should ask a few questions before your malicious attacks
Last edited by dshort36; 9/25/16 at 10:10 AM.

9/25/16, 10:20 AM   #9
Bshort36

First of all I chose to go to lps because I do enjoy racing there and I love the spikers and the work they put into everything they do!! Second D.O. I did not no they was doing the top 10 awards I thought they was only doing the top 5 so before you go bashing me or anyone behind a keyboard maybe you should have came down there and asked me in person!!! Again to the fans I am sorry!!

9/25/16, 10:44 AM   #10
wcbrock02

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 12

D O,

You should know better than bashing someone on IOW. Your better than that.

5 members like this post: dshort36, Mattmac05, R A K, SPD 37, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brady Short and fans and awards. Sad