IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J r wins the indy 500
5/29/11, 6:40 PM   #11
Re: J r wins the indy 500
slide22

JR did NOT win the race. He crashed on the last lap, doesn't deserve to win.

3 members like this post: awnunn, Static
5/29/11, 7:02 PM   #12
REH24

In any type of racing how many times have you ever seen the flag man throw the yellow flag on the last lap coming down to the finish line, very few if any. I feel the call was right, go back to Foyt's 1967 win and the melee he drove through coming out of turn four.

REH

1 member likes this post: brian26
5/29/11, 7:31 PM   #13
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Your wrong! There are officals all around the track that turn on the yellow light when there is a crash! Right now!!!!!!!!!!! No delay!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Racing would be a lot better if i was and fair for everybody! Bozo!

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

He finish the race! Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Aj finish under the yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I've seen guys flipping across the finish line and win!

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Your 100% right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/29/11, 7:43 PM   #14
racinround

No....OBVIOUSLY your wrong Dennis... There's always going to be a certain amount of delay...and doesn't Race Control make those calls?

5/29/11, 7:47 PM   #15
Ovalmeister

I think we would all agree, all we can hope for in regards to rules/procedures, is to be consistent. Don't alter the rules/procedures as you go along, or for certain situations.
What strikes me is this: When watching the video, it's OVER 8 SECONDS, after initial wall contact was made, when the yellow lights came on. Ok, this is Indianapolis....ask yourself honestly...when is the last time you saw it take 8 SECONDS for the caution to be thrown at Indy? They pride themselves on quick reaction and response to trouble at Indy. I'm not saying this was right or wrong, I like both drivers involved, I'm just saying....it's odd.
David.

6 members like this post: brian26, erich45, IndyBound, mikeham73, Need For Speed, SUPERDUKE
5/29/11, 7:56 PM   #16
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Its not like or dislike its right or wrong! The yellow should have came on when he hit the wall!

5/29/11, 7:59 PM   #17
D.O.

Brushing the wall and no parts and wheels falling off is one thing. But at Indy when stuff is coming off they have the yellow out quickly.
I'm sure that the delay comes from the surprise of the leader stuffing it on the last lap. Nobody should be crashing that late and strung out on the track.
If JR didn't make it to the line were would of he been scored? He did cross and they gave him second.
So Indy needs to give the Kid the win cause he was the leader and did cross the line at a good speed and they were late with the yellow flag, near 8 seconds. Barnhart needs to step up and say they made a late call and change the finish.

4 members like this post: jwracer14, mikeham73, Need For Speed, SUPERDUKE
5/29/11, 8:00 PM   #18
SUPERDUKE
Banned

You are dumber then most!!!!!!!!!!!!! The yellow comes on at inpact not 8 seconds later when cars are traveling 300 ft in 3/4 of a second! The would be over 800 yards for you!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

D o you and i know that!!!!! The yellow comes on a inpact they have officals all around the track that turn on the yellow rite now!!!!!!!!!!! Not the flagman!!!!!!

5/29/11, 8:05 PM   #19
racinround

I agree that the light should have been turned on sooner, but they scored the finish properly. I also think that if JR would have crossed the finish line before Weldon...JR should have gotten the win.

5/29/11, 8:09 PM   #20
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Wow get out of the sun! Your brain dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J r wins the indy 500