IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 31 at Bloomington
7/29/23, 11:15 PM   #41
IndianaSprintFan

No one in the thread is talking about the wing portion of the paragon show. They ran real sprint cars each night as well…. Would have been a cool show to run next week. You know, not against isw
Last edited by IndianaSprintFan; 7/29/23 at 11:16 PM.

2 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, PIT CART
7/29/23, 11:27 PM   #42
Re: 31 at Bloomington
DaleDuBois

The new Paragon owners know nothing about racing. They get the word out on facebook. I think maybe the new owners never saw a race.

7/30/23, 12:02 AM   #43
Moreland76

I was only talking non wing sprints in my post, sorry for any confusion anyone has.

7/30/23, 12:06 AM   #44
The55

This is a pretty funny argument. A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend. Apparently folks here don’t want a CVS across the street from a Walgreens or a Meijer near a Walmart. Definitely shouldn’t have a Ford and Chevy dealership in the same town. I suspect most here like competition, you know, like the American way.
Last edited by The55; 7/30/23 at 12:14 AM.

6 members like this post: Bill Angel, Kart#51, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, tirespinner, trackprep
7/30/23, 12:23 AM   #45
Twister17

The only real downfall was that the low car count at Bloomington didn’t help get the bottom run in. Having a lane of grease to start a feature is un acceptable.

7/30/23, 7:21 AM   #46
DaleDuBois

(A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend.) I went and it sorta looked that way. Just maybe 200 people in the stands.

7/30/23, 10:31 AM   #47
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois View Post
(A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend.) I went and it sorta looked that way. Just maybe 200 people in the stands.
Yep, Econ 101.

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
7/30/23, 10:33 AM   #48
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The55 View Post
This is a pretty funny argument. A track trying to run their business and make money running a race the same night as another track. If their event sucks, no one shows up. If it offers value, then customers attend. Apparently folks here don’t want a CVS across the street from a Walgreens or a Meijer near a Walmart. Definitely shouldn’t have a Ford and Chevy dealership in the same town. I suspect most here like competition, you know, like the American way.
Right on! We complain about Hoosier having a “monopoly “ on sprint car tires and series.

Then we complain when another track/ series races and creates another opportunity for racers, whom aren’t going to run the ISW. Competition( if this show was deemed as competition vs Bloomington )is good and will organically work its way out.

The love of the juxtaposition.
Last edited by Kart#51; 7/30/23 at 10:42 AM.

7/30/23, 11:26 AM   #49
The55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
Right on! We complain about Hoosier having a “monopoly “ on sprint car tires and series.

Then we complain when another track/ series races and creates another opportunity for racers, whom aren’t going to run the ISW. Competition( if this show was deemed as competition vs Bloomington )is good and will organically work its way out.

The love of the juxtaposition.
Competition was probably a bad choice of words, maybe an alternative is a better choice. There really isn’t much that can compete with ISW. Paragon is nostalgia to me. I went there as a youngster and remember Beavers, Gaines, Gilstrap and others. I like what the new Paragon owners have done with the new stands, restrooms, lights, etc and hope they have success.

A+ for use of juxtaposition.

6 members like this post: dkdorkboy, erich45, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
7/30/23, 3:14 PM   #50
hoosier race fan

If Paragon would have scheduled the FAST winged sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers on Friday night, then had FAST, BOSS, and Hornets on Saturday night, the critics probably wouldn’t have said anything.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 31 at Bloomington