IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke will rise from the #69
1/19/17, 10:00 PM   #31
Blacki-Suede

As far as the Hoosier sponsor on Hoffman's car - Hoffman's have had a tire deal with Hoosier for years. I don't know the details, but Hoosier has been on their cars, their uniforms, along with other sponsors for a long time. As for pit stops - they got the job done before without NASCAR guys, and sprint cars don't have five lug wheels anyway. Track practice time? They did it last year and no one said a word. The Hoffman Team has a car and crew capable of winning the Little 500, Tony has the skill and desire to add a Little 500 win to his resume, but neither can control luck, and it takes luck, in addition to all those other things, to win the Little 500, so I say "Good Luck" to the Hoffman's and Smoke.

1/19/17, 11:21 PM   #32
Re: Smoke will rise from the #69
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacki-Suede View Post
As far as the Hoosier sponsor on Hoffman's car - Hoffman's have had a tire deal with Hoosier for years. I don't know the details, but Hoosier has been on their cars, their uniforms, along with other sponsors for a long time. As for pit stops - they got the job done before without NASCAR guys, and sprint cars don't have five lug wheels anyway. Track practice time? They did it last year and no one said a word. The Hoffman Team has a car and crew capable of winning the Little 500, Tony has the skill and desire to add a Little 500 win to his resume, but neither can control luck, and it takes luck, in addition to all those other things, to win the Little 500, so I say "Good Luck" to the Hoffman's and Smoke.

There's a video on Jackslash twitter feed of one of their pit stops. I think from BC's run a couple years ago. Anyway, it was 28 seconds from the time the car stopped to the time they put it down. Took a bit to get a truck and actually get pushed off.

1/20/17, 12:05 AM   #33
Pavement Dave

I posted a series of questions I had been asked by multiple people in an earlier post about Stewart's participation in the event. Rob Hoffman kindly put to rest these possible scenarios with legitimate answers to these questions. I also talked with Rick Dawson today and he also put to rest these questions and assured me that Stewart will be treated the same as the other racers and will receive no special treatment. Thanks to both for taking the time to do such.

1/20/17, 6:57 AM   #34
throb

hell....I haven't been to the little 500 for probably 15 years. I purchased tickets and even sponsored a lap....ill make sure that my A$$ stays planted firmly in the seat though, as to not offend anyone.........

1/20/17, 12:37 PM   #35
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
this smoke guy, isn't he one of those taxi cab drivers? good luck with that.
You mean this Tony??? Looks like a gasser to me. https://www.facebook.com/JackslashMe...37615736405868

2 members like this post: mc/rider, Simon_says17
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke will rise from the #69