IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 12/8/18 4:33 PM
Shocked I am that Butler has posted a tentative 2019 schedule this soon.

Open winged sprints every Saturday Night again, with the exception of July 13, commencing April 27 and the last points race being August 31. Four nights of SOD Sprints sprinkled in when the Butler open sprints are off.

Still the only track north of the border running sprinters every week. Take it or leave it.

I'll generally take it.....

http://butlerspeedway.net/news.asp?n=362
6 Likes: fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, koolaid89, MIracing, PIT CART
Can26 (Offline)
  #2 12/8/18 4:37 PM
Well Mike, Ohsweken Speedway is truly the only weekly track North of the border to run sprints weekly, but I know what you mean... ;-) LOL
Eric Smith (Offline)
  #3 12/8/18 5:05 PM
North of the border that we have to go south to get to. I suppose we could go north far enough to get to the border to come back down to the track.
2 Likes: fish, Stevensville Mike
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #4 12/8/18 8:22 PM
Gents, I was addressing the citizens of the country of Indiana in my original post. A trip north of South Bend might be considered blasphemy for the masses. I mean it is not like there is going to be a migrant caravan coming to Branch County to watch the action at Butler.

....but always welcome they are.
4 Likes: fish, i love dirt track racing, MIracing, PJ Wright
mc/rider (Offline)
  #5 12/9/18 10:46 AM
After passing the recreational law last week more of us might make it to Michigan,we just wont remember why

When in doubt Gas It
12 Likes: addictedtodirt, dirt330, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jayrok, jim goerge, MIracing, monkeyboy, nathans1012, PAW, PJ Wright, Stevensville Mike
jim goerge (Offline)
  #6 12/10/18 1:57 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
After passing the recreational law last week more of us might make it to Michigan,we just wont remember why
Where in the hell we going?
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #7 12/10/18 3:32 PM
Back in the day that we would go to Michigan for the nascrap racing events. We always went to the butler racing events on Saturday night. Always had a great time and the racing events were great. Thanks.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, MIracing, spicoli, Stevensville Mike
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 12/10/18 7:09 PM
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing:
Back in the day that we would go to Michigan for the nascrap racing events. We always went to the butler racing events on Saturday night. Always had a great time and the racing events were great. Thanks.
Did you go when it was oiled dirt? I did that a few times. Track had one of the best grandstands. Steep and you feel like your right on top of the action.
6 Likes: erich45, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, MIracing, rapid robert, Stevensville Mike
MIracing (Offline)
  #9 12/10/18 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Did you go when it was oiled dirt? I did that a few times. Track had one of the best grandstands. Steep and you feel like your right on top of the action.
Same grandstands. Still steep. Wouldn't call them the best anymore. Sometimes you do feel like you might end up on top of the action.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Can26, jim goerge, Stevensville Mike
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #10 12/11/18 6:47 AM
Originally Posted by MIracing:
Same grandstands. Still steep. Wouldn't call them the best anymore. Sometimes you do feel like you might end up on top of the action.
Maybe I am weird, because that is what I like. I can sit in my recliner any night.
5 Likes: dirt330, duel, jim goerge, spicoli, Stevensville Mike