IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler Speedway 2019 Schedule
12/11/18, 1:02 PM   #11
Re: Butler Speedway 2019 Schedule
jim goerge

Wife and I spent a year in MI and attended Butler about every weekend, I remember the grandstand being so steep, But where I always wanted to watch races from was the tree house off of turn two

12/11/18, 9:36 PM   #12
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

in 1980 i fell in love with sprint car racing sitting in those grandstands. they were steep then. i use to like it when there was a yellow on the first lap because we got to see another start. turn one had a deeeep hole and the tires squealed on the oily surface. Steve Kinser had an open trailer, he flipped off of turn one in hot laps and left. i begged my dad to take his busted up wing home, we left it. i could've raffled it off today and bought a yacht. good times

12/12/18, 3:54 PM   #13
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Did you go when it was oiled dirt? I did that a few times. Track had one of the best grandstands. Steep and you feel like your right on top of the action.
We was there for that racing oiled dirt track racing events. After a day at nascrap racing events at mis.the grandstands was all ready pretty steep. Great grandstand and as jim goerge said that we all wanted to see a race from the great tree stand. Lmao. Thanks.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Stevensville Mike
12/12/18, 4:13 PM   #14
duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
in 1980 i fell in love with sprint car racing sitting in those grandstands. they were steep then. i use to like it when there was a yellow on the first lap because we got to see another start. turn one had a deeeep hole and the tires squealed on the oily surface. Steve Kinser had an open trailer, he flipped off of turn one in hot laps and left. i begged my dad to take his busted up wing home, we left it. i could've raffled it off today and bought a yacht. good times
I was there that day. I remember he jammed into one and gone. My dad took me there in 60's almost every weekend. I can remember the transition from super mod type cars to sprints cars.

12/12/18, 5:53 PM   #15
Mudclodbob

I used to take TJ there often years ago. One night we were exiting those steep stands with maybe six year old TJ in front of me and some drunken fan fell on me going down the steps. It pushed me into TJ who went flying, and I managed to grab the hood of his coat in mid air. I don't think it fazed TJ but scared the crap out of me.

12/13/18, 7:18 AM   #16
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclodbob View Post
....and some drunken fan fell on me going down the steps.....
I think that guy still goes to Butler every week, Bob.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Can26, duel, fish, jim goerge, luckybuc97, spicoli
12/14/18, 8:14 AM   #17
chop

Butler is one of the tracks that Steve Kinser did not shine like other places. Ok old timers, remember when Mike Shaw almost pulled off WOO upset?

12/16/18, 1:27 PM   #18
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I loved going to Butler as a kid in the 80's and 90's. I have been back a few times since when I go visit family in Michigan. I miss the pits being inside the track. As a kid I thought that was the coolest thing, being able to watch the guys work on the cars. I loved the east coast mods there, I think I was basically run what you brung. some great memories going to that track as kid.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler Speedway 2019 Schedule