IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville Nationals
12/12/18, 3:05 PM   #11
Re: Knoxville Nationals
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Where do y'all park? What is cost to park each night in these areas?

12/12/18, 3:55 PM   #12
dsc1600

The town embraces the race and has a lot of parking around the track. Almost all of it is pay to park but in the $5-10 range depending on how close you are to the track.

12/12/18, 5:05 PM   #13
i love dirt track racing

Have fun and enjoy. The community and the racing events are the best of the best. Our racing family's have a great week of racing events at the Knoxville nationals . Enjoy all the great things that we all love and have a great time. God bless America. Thanks.

12/12/18, 5:23 PM   #14
chathamracefan

I parked in the Chamber of Commerce parking this year. It is in the park just south of the track. It cost $20/day, but I had a reserved marked paved spot so could come & go as I please during the day. Also, that lot has a back way out that gets out of the track pretty good after the races.

The chamber also does pay by day parking at the same place. Then, you park on the grass field.

12/12/18, 5:26 PM   #15
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Where do y'all park? What is cost to park each night in these areas?
There’s parking directly across the street from the track at the Hi-Vee grocery store. It is reserved parking and costs ABOUT $15 (I think)/night. Pricey, but you’re guaranteed a spot. You have to make arrangements ahead because it does sell out. The First Baptist Church is a church about 3 blocks or so N of the track that has parking for $5/night, and there is St. Anthony’s Catholic Church one street N and 3 blocks W of the track that has parking (sorry, don’t remember the price) and they have a very good, reasonably priced spaghetti supper on Thursday night too. St. Anthony’s is really only about 150’ W of the W end of the the Speedway, but I’ve never found a way to get to the front stretch grandstands w/o going around the E end of the track. Hope this helps you.

12/12/18, 9:03 PM   #16
dsc1600

If you’re staying in Des Moines id recommend parking south of the track in a field that is monitored by the local baseball team. It’s a bit of a walk but it’s only 5 bucks and it puts you at a straight shot back to Des Moines without having to deal with the post race traffic on route 14.

12/12/18, 9:55 PM   #17
motorhead748

Ride your motorcycle and park for free on the sidewalk right in front of the track.

12/12/18, 10:23 PM   #18
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
If you’re staying in Des Moines id recommend parking south of the track in a field that is monitored by the local baseball team. It’s a bit of a walk but it’s only 5 bucks and it puts you at a straight shot back to Des Moines without having to deal with the post race traffic on route 14.

Agreed. This is where I always park. It makes getting away from the track pretty easy.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville Nationals