IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mark Kinser
3/8/09, 1:14 AM   #11
Re: Mark Kinser
Fisher79

I think what you guys are referring with Mark was something close to common knowledge in racing circles at one point. Either that, or it was just a bad rumor with a lotta legs and a lotta longevity. I know I heard it more than once.

3/8/09, 1:00 PM   #12
Fogdog

Heard the rumor never believed never needed too. I for one believe message boards stir the pot more than put the fire out.

Dog

3/8/09, 4:06 PM   #13
EldoraMark

I stop by Karls shop every year after Bloomington during sprint week.
Last year Mark was in the shop. We had a very nice talk. I ask Mark
why did you ever quit? He said that he wanted to be home when his Kids were growing up.
Mark look at Karl and said “ My dad was not there when I was growing Up, and I’m not doing that to my Kids.”
Karl look at me and said "Marks a smarter man than I was"
I asked Mark do you miss it. Mark replied Not at all.

Mark Fritz

1 member likes this post: sceckert
3/8/09, 8:13 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Sounds if someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. Someone requested information and I just offered up some info that I had heard at one point in time. I never said he was arrested. I just said it was what I had heard at one time. I did not put it in a scenario for you. I did not say I had seen him do anything. I did not say Mark was a bad person. I could have not been more clear. I was a Mark Kinser fan for a long time. Yes he was a good driver. Watched him many times. If he did have problems, I know what he went thru as I did the same. Do you have a problem with that or do you need proof. Strange way of turning around a innocent post response.
I said at the beginning that Im not upset with you. I just think there needs to be more than hearsay. I could name about ten drivers I've heard were coke heads. Do I have any proof? Whats more, At least half of them I don't believe it for a minute.

Sorry
Chuck

3/9/09, 8:55 PM   #15
Tim Watson

I always enjoyed visiting with Mark after the races. He would always take time to talk and i have also visited with him many times after a race at Eldora cause he would walk up to the bar under the grandstand. How many drivers do that?

3/9/09, 10:32 PM   #16
Obie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
I stop by Karls shop every year after Bloomington during sprint week.
Last year Mark was in the shop. We had a very nice talk. I ask Mark
why did you ever quit? He said that he wanted to be home when his Kids were growing up.
Mark look at Karl and said “ My dad was not there when I was growing Up, and I’m not doing that to my Kids.”
Karl look at me and said "Marks a smarter man than I was"
I asked Mark do you miss it. Mark replied Not at all.

Mark Fritz
Thank you for this update on Mark. He's always been a class act in my book. He knew when to step away from the racin life & take care of the family. Family ALWAYS comes 1st.

3/10/09, 8:32 AM   #17
Al Soran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie View Post
Thank you for this update on Mark. He's always been a class act in my book. He knew when to step away from the racin life & take care of the family. Family ALWAYS comes 1st.
Bingo.:applaud:

3/10/09, 8:42 AM   #18
midget96

Do I miss seeing the hometown boy in a race car :Steer- YES, but VERY soon after the helmet went on the shelf, I got the chance to sit with Mark at the local boys club. And as normal racing came up, he looked at me and said this is the first basketball game (for his son) I've seen from green to checked. The conversation about racing ended there. I have since seen him on the sidelines at soccer fields enjoying his family. GREAT choice Mark. :checkered:

3/10/09, 9:42 AM   #19
KKinser99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Don't know for sure, but I thought that I had heard that he had got into a problem with some of that "nose candy" at one point in time late in his career.
I think you should show a little respect sir. I see many ingnorant posts on this site by some anonymous individuals. Dont you people have anything better to say.

Kerry Kinser

P.S. Rpracing1 :moon:

3/10/09, 10:46 AM   #20
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKinser99 View Post
I think you should show a little respect sir. I see many ingnorant posts on this site by some anonymous individuals. Dont you people have anything better to say.

Kerry Kinser

P.S. Rpracing1 :moon:
Some people will hide behind a keyboard and throw darts and not think about what they are saying. That kind of crap is uncalled for and should not be tolerated. There is no reason to bring that kind of stuff up what purpose does it serve. The man is living his life rasing his family. Now for something else where is there saw mill located i am in need of having some oak and walnut logs planked out.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mark Kinser