IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland
7/17/17, 9:15 AM   #1
Dave Darland
The Old Coyote

Why was Dave Darland in the 17x car last night?

7/17/17, 9:24 AM   #2
Eatin Dirt

The 71p had mechanical issues in hot laps so he jumped in the Dutcher backup car.

2 members like this post: davidm, WinglessLovers
7/17/17, 9:34 AM   #3
Re: Dave Darland
The Old Coyote

Thank you. I was beat after Tristate and went home.

7/17/17, 1:16 PM   #4
streetglider

It doesn't sound good for the Phillips team at this point. I hope everything works out for all involved, but at the end of the day, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Much respect and support for Steve and Carla

7/17/17, 10:48 PM   #5
Nate

The People's Champ is having a rough year. Saw a Facebook post where people were doggin' him today. Hopefully he can find a decent ride to take him through the rest of the season as far as USAC is concerned.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, jim goerge
7/17/17, 11:08 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I seen a post on FB that said they were going to have a talk about the future of the team (Phillips) IDK what it is, Seems mechanical s are eating them up. They did get a fast time and fourth at the Burg. I wish them well. Car owners are a rare breed and they've had very high highs and very low lows. Oval Nationals and ISW second place three years ago. and two of three smack down wins.

DD's still got the chops, He won at Kokomo in the Hery car over JG. Got a second to KT a Midget week Burg also in Hery Car, Was running well at No way out.

Here's the thing though, Several teams are having their own problems. Grant hasn't been as Dominating. Windom isn't either. Boespflug had a month from hell trying to get forward bite.lk

Just wish all the teams and drivers the best. Putting it in the trailer with the driver and car in one piece is a good night no matter how frustrating it can be at times.

7/17/17, 11:33 PM   #7
Nate

I remember he looked really good at one of the races at Bloomington this year, maybe the Burton Memorial, but then had something mechanical happen. Did win the BC Double. He'll be okay.

7/17/17, 11:54 PM   #8
openwheelfan1

I really feel for the Phillips team. They lost a motor the first night of the season at Ocala, hurt another during the flip at Lawrenceburg, and then apparently lost two more at Haubstadt and LPS. That is a LOT of money for any team, but esp. for a small under sponsored team like the 71P team. I sure hope they can find a way to make it through the season.

7/18/17, 1:12 AM   #9
wrtracing

I am glad something about Dave was posted because I have really wanted to mention something about him and his run at a recent race. There really hasn't been much talked about the great run Dave had at Springfield on July 3rd. I could be mistaken but I think he started around 22nd and ran his way up to 4th running a completely different line than anyone else. Dave ran the bottom and there were lots of other cars running the bottom but Dave was running it a little differently and was the fastest car on the track. If there had not been a couple of untimely yellows where Dave had to give positions back I am sure he would have run 2nd and he may have even won it. It was a spectacular run that didn't get much press. With all that said condolences to the Graybrook family with the loss of Paul.

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley

7/18/17, 2:28 PM   #10
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

He also won the Steve Stroud Memorial in Arizona!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland