IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Vultures"
2/15/08, 6:59 PM   #1
"Vultures"
Wolfe-e

The "Vultures" continue to circle the Terre Haute Action Track. Just now on the news they said they have formed a new "committee" to look into the "Value" of the Fairgrounds...... Paul Thrift was on as well, saying that this is just what they thought they should do and that the previous offer was just a "jumping off point" to see about a future sale of the property...... and so it goes folks. It will take constant vigilence to keep the place intact... For now, we know, or think we do that there will be Racing at The Action Track in 2008...... To me, we will have to take each and every future race for all the gusto that we can... and hope each time we leave that we will get to return for more great racing, turning each page of history slowly. Savoring every minute as if it were our favorite novel, the one we just don;t want to end.........Wolfe-e

2/15/08, 7:17 PM   #2
Re: "Vultures"
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe-e View Post
The "Vultures" continue to circle the Terre Haute Action Track. Just now on the news they said they have formed a new "committee" to look into the "Value" of the Fairgrounds...... Phil Thrift was on as well, saying that this is just what they thought they should do and that the previous offer was just a "jumping off point" to see about a future sale of the property...... and so it goes folks. It will take contant vigilence to keep the place intact... For now, we know, or think we do that there will be Racing at The Action Track in 2008...... To me, we will have to take each and every future race for all the gusto that we can... and hope each time we leave that we will get to return for more great racing, turning each page of history slowly. Savoring every minute as if it were our favorite novel, the one we just don;t want to end.........Wolfe-e
That's called spin, Tim. And Paul Thrift is spinning his ass off, right now. Bob Thompson is in a better position that Thrift, as far as knowing whether the property is going to be sold or not. And he's says it should be safe for the next couple of years or so. So, I'll believe him before I believe someone who lost and is trying to save face.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2/15/08, 7:56 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

No, they might try to take the land in a Tax value Eminent domain case.

Basically if they can prove they'll make more money for the area with a mall than the track. GOOD LUCK

2/15/08, 8:08 PM   #4
Joey Woods

See my quote at the bottom of this post.

2/15/08, 8:16 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
No, they might try to take the land in a Tax value Eminent domain case.

Basically if they can prove they'll make more money for the area with a mall than the track. GOOD LUCK
You'll never be mistaken for Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. That's for sure, Chuck.:rolling

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2/15/08, 8:35 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
You'll never be mistaken for Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. That's for sure, Chuck.:rolling

Jerry
LoL, Im all about possitive thinking

Chuck

2/16/08, 1:08 AM   #7
Wolfe-e

Absolutly Right Jerry! It also keeps him in the spot-light as the guy trying to do whats best. His new approach on the news was that they just wanted to do what was best for the 4H Fairgrounds and there future.... I know that we can;t really see whats in his heart, but it sure don;t seem right, does it.... I think your right about the place being safe for now, but down the road, this will be back. A successful season will help..... Lets hope and prey for the best and in the mean time..... Keep your eyes open for a Big Stick and be at the ready to use it.......

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Vultures"