IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprints at Southern
11/18/14, 9:01 PM   #11
Re: Lightning Sprints at Southern Gear Ratio
DAD

Jim

You going to make the show at the center??? You need to work on that chain gang bunch and bring them on down.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/18/14 at 9:03 PM.

11/18/14, 9:05 PM   #12
Agentry10

Hey i was wondering if anyone has a open seat for this race thanks 270-577-1054

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
11/19/14, 6:59 AM   #13
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Jim

You going to make the show at the center??? You need to work on that chain gang bunch and bring them on down.

Honest Dad himself
No, we're done for the year, probably going to concentrate on getting better at Montpelier next season (i.e. learning to hit my "marks" consistantly) before thinking about venturing out to places like DuQuoin or, say, Florida. As much as I enjoyed the travelling we did this year on off nights, I think I need to focus on improving my performance without the variable of trying to figure out a new track.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

11/19/14, 10:30 AM   #14
DAD

Jim

Variety is the spice of life.

You ain't got time to read a book about race car driving and race all at the same time. Them Mark things are a bunch of bull, What makes for a good race driver is"SEAT TIME>>>SEAT TIME>>>SEAT TIME". Good race drivers drive at 105%+. Trust your Butt not your Mark. Come on down and get some real valuable "Racing Experience".

I realize at your advanced age that a 1/6 th mile "BULL RING" might tax your reaction time a bit, but if you want to improve you will learn a lot more about driving on one of these small tracks than you could possibly learn on a big old boring 3/8 mile track. Why do you think drivers with 1/4 Midget racing experience are so good. If 1/6 th is a "Bull Ring" what would a 1/20 th mile track be. Those kids learn to react fast, and that goes toward making a good racer.

Honest Dad himself

11/19/14, 11:20 AM   #15
jjones752

Advanced age? Hey now...
Maybe "hitting my marks" was an oversimplification, and I am definitely not basing my re-education on "book-learnin"; I agree seat time is King, but the Zonker's already put to bed for the winter, and the off-season Honey-do list is in full swing. Happy wife = more seat time next year, if you catch my drift. Now, if a REALLY happy wife means we start thinking seriously about making the tow down to Florida in February, well, that's a whole 'nother story...

3 members like this post: DAD, Jim Gardner, Wayne Davis
11/19/14, 12:22 PM   #16
Avon Open Wheel fan

For those drivers making the trip down if you are coming down on Thanksgiving night the pits and building will be opened up around 4:00pm central time. You will also be allowed to camp overnight if needed. If you can let me know ahead of time that would be great but if you come down at the last minute that is fine also the buildings will be open.

I was told that most of the indoor pits will have access to electricity and if you are camping and need an electric hook up let me know and I will do my best to hook you up.

11/19/14, 2:34 PM   #17
DAD

Jim

off-season Honey-do list is in full swing. Happy wife = more seat time next year, if you catch my drift. Now, if a REALLY happy wife means we start thinking seriously about making the tow down to Florida in February, well, that's a whole 'nother story...

I got one of them things 20 something years old, you just need to work on your technique a little more>

Honest Dad himself

11/19/14, 3:42 PM   #18
jjones752

Yeah, trouble with that is if I cheese off the Missuz I lose my pit crew...

11/23/14, 8:29 PM   #19
Re: Lightning Sprints at Southern
goforit14

never been there. Any body recommend now much stagger? I would assume alot..

11/24/14, 1:34 PM   #20
Re: Lightning Sprints at Southern
DAD

Go

Start out with about 7 or 8 inches, that should put you in the ball park. The track is pretty flat and tight.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprints at Southern