IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at DuQuoin
4/1/08, 4:06 PM   #31
Re: POWRi at DuQuoin
dirtywhiteboy

Speedy1, if you think that the series isn't being run right then how about you go start you own series and show us how your business model is far better than that of POWRi's.

If you don't like how POWRi is run then do like Don Moore (no offence Don as I respect you alot) does with Tulsa and don't go. B*tching on a messege board like a spastic monkey does about as much for the credibility of what you say as lying under oath. Take the issue up with Jim, Kenny, and the rest of the POWRi people.

Here is the link to contact POWRi directly: http://www.powri.com/contact.asp

I have personally talked with Kenny and Jim on several occasions and found them more than willing to listen to questions about thir series and explain things.

Thank God we have two people in midget racing in the Midwest that actually care about not only the drivers but also the fans by putting on quality shows with quality talent.

4/1/08, 4:25 PM   #32
speedy1

Yes I see your point thjat ******** on here might not do anything at all, BUT the now few people out there that are still blind to what is gong on should know why the purse has yet to change!!! Why dont you go get a 600 or midget, race at powri and when you dont win the race and then you get the check in the mail and see how little it is, you to will understand why the racers /owners are mad!!! And at that its been the same break down even after all of these big sponsers came on board!!!

4/1/08, 6:30 PM   #33
dirtracin28

That is a shame the Chili Bowl purse is not better. For how big that event is and I know that the Golden Driller is what it is all about but that is a long week on the check book. You are not going to find a series that everyone is happy that is for sure but I do think that for the most part everyone that runs Powri is a happy group. Everything needs some changes here and there I just think some people would like to see some of the money go back to the racers for what they give to the series. All the local races that Powri puts on is great to bring midget racing around this area.

4/2/08, 9:29 AM   #34
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy1 View Post
Yes I see your point thjat ******** on here might not do anything at all, BUT the now few people out there that are still blind to what is gong on should know why the purse has yet to change!!! Why dont you go get a 600 or midget, race at powri and when you dont win the race and then you get the check in the mail and see how little it is, you to will understand why the racers /owners are mad!!! And at that its been the same break down even after all of these big sponsers came on board!!!
I don't have a car because I don't feel it in myself that I have the talent to go and drive a car. I would give my left one to be a driver in midgets but I know that is just a dream that will remain a dream. If I had the money, trust me I would have a midget team competing with POWRi.

As to the sponsors, have you thought that the sponsor money was used to expand the series to the size it is now? If getting more races initially leads to more sponsors? This, being the begining of the 4th season, still means they have some growing pains and I really do feel they are on the right track.

Like with the newly merged Indycar series, give it time. They have to establish a good strong foundation first.

4/2/08, 11:19 AM   #35
Rimrida35

I have run the POWRi series since its very beginning when it was the GRI series. Let me first start off by saying Kenny and Jim have single handly grown midget racing in this area. Just look at the car counts. They are the reason I have a midget. Our team never planned on buying a midget because of the lack of interest in the St. Louis area. Now there is 30 + races in our area because of this group.

However I do see where speedy1 is making a very valid point. When POWRi (GRI) first started there was a 24ft trailer and a motor home. Now there is a toter, stacker trailer, t-shirt trailer with a new duli pulling it. I dont think the money is being made off of the midgets its being made off of the micro's. Look at the car counts. They announced at the banquet that they AVERAGED over 50 cars a race. So take the 50 cars at lets say 25 bucks a pit pass and thats $1,250 dollars. Then you have to pay the $10 bucks for your pill draw which goes into the point fund and there is another $500.00. Then factor in that everybody AT LEAST brings one person to the track with them so there is another $1,250 dollars. So on average just on average. There is $3,000 in just the micro's. Now to be fair POWRi does pay the most to win and to start with $750.00 to win and 50.00 to start but pardon my language when i say the pay back sucks. I ran 2nd at the first duqoin race and when got my check in the mail it was for $300.00.

They had 82 micro's at this last race. And 30 midgets. With the entry fee's at $30.00 for a micro and $40.00 for a midget and $25.00 for a pit pass. My math has this take at at a little over $6,400. Me personally think that the pay back should be better. Keep paying $750.00 to win for the micro's but pay back better. Or hell even knock down the the winning amount just pay back better. The 50 to start is good. But when it drops 400 bucks from 1st to 2nd. You better damn well beleive if im running 2nd in a race and i can take out the leader for the win. Ill do it. When that guy asks me why i did it ill be able to give him 400 reasons of why i did it.

Again im not saying these guys are getting rich off this. Im just saying we keep getting more and more corporate sponsors in POWRi, and thats because kenny brown is a hell of a promoter. We keep getting more and more people in the stands and thats because Jim Siner runs one hell of a program. Its a no BS we dont care who you are type of racing. Thats what made it so popular. There is no doubt in my mind that the micro ranks are the whos, who of micro racing. You think your fast come race with POWRi. A lot of people have been wondering where all this money is going im just glad somebody had the balls to ask the question.

As far as the Toyota thing, no one in POWRi has a Toyota so if anyone has an extra $33,000 laying around all you have to do is just show up, and make the show and that is an extra $500.00 in your pocket. You make all the POWRi shows this year you will roughly get around $16,000 back on your investment. Anyone want to sponsor me with one?

I would just again like to stress im not bad mouthing POWRi at all. As I stated before we have supported the series from the beginning and we will continue to support it. We have had more fun with this group of people then we ever have had in all of racing. I just thought i would throw in my 2 cents. As Mr. King said everyone has there opinions.

4/2/08, 12:09 PM   #36
speedy1

4/2/08, 1:42 PM   #37
bandrsn11

First thing is first, POWRi is great as far as how they run the races, the amount of races they get, and they are very good about getting them done half way early... BUT I to agree with speed1 about the pay out, I also think that in order to get more racers to race all the racees you HAVE to pay more then 1000 to win for the championship.... For the kind of sponsers they have and the car count they get that it is ridiculous!!! Plus Hoosier gives them 10,000 dollars toward the point fund and thats how much they pay out, so where is the money goin that we pay to race that is supposed to be gooing into that fund? Secondly, I think there needs to be some sort a meeting for the powri racers to go and talk about these kind of things, or anything else, then there is no need to get on here and do this!

4/2/08, 2:43 PM   #38
speedy1

Good point about the meetings, after all, the racers should be listind too and what they have to say...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at DuQuoin