IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown observation
8/26/19, 5:31 PM   #21
SoIllSprinter

USAC’s system is fair to both quick and slower qualifying cars. If you’re slow, you start up front in the heat, usually when the track is tackier and harder to pass on. If you can hold on, you transfer. Quicker cars who don’t advance get the opportunity to start in the front of the A and if they transfer they can start as high as 7th in the feature. To my way of thinking it is the best setup out there. I like qualifying. I like that they invert the top six in the heats, they aren’t glorified hot laps. I like that the B main gives the quicker qualifiers a chance at redemption. And I like that their generally big onions qualifying gets a reward by NOT being shuffled deep in the field.
There is no jaking under this system. Purposely qualify poorly, you may end up in the rear of the heat. Purposely qualify poorly and hit your mark, so to say, and you start up front in the heat but deep in the field for the feature. Everyone has to give it their best during qualifications. Have the pole time? Good luck, you still have to start 6th or 7th in the feature.
Many say they ought to earn their place. They do, in qualifying. It sets USAC apart and works really well. Don’t mess with a good thing.

8/26/19, 6:04 PM   #22
Non wing lover

As far as car counts right now yes you go to usac at$25 you get 18-28 cars depends on how much local help they get go to boss show pay$18-20 and get 28-40 cars I love usac and boss usac is premiere series what has happened that many owners either or went wing racing there's 5 owners that's not there anymore the latest to bolt Chad boesplug tesm

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/26/19, 10:26 PM   #23
Re: Smackdown observation
opnwhlmnd

I'll take punctuation for $800 Alex.

5 members like this post: Kingz, racenut69, SteveW, tirespinner, TQ29m
8/27/19, 12:00 PM   #24
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
If you look at past car counts boss have had more cars per event than the premiere series usac boss in 2019 has had car counts into the 30-40 range their lowest count was 21 at a track in Pennsylvania usac outside of sprintweek has only had 28 cars if that one of problems a hell of lot of owners and drivers have left usac for whatever their reason if it I was a betting man the reason they left is purse monies and or start monies don't get me wrong I love usac but I know some things I'm not as dumb as I look but facts are facts boss has had far better car counts and pay far less than usac but boss has incentive like tow monies does usac? Boss has other incentives too I'm not ******** but in the usac has to look at purse monies the top prize is fine start money needs tweaking maybe something positive maybe the mcghees doolings walkers ditchers would come back instead migrating to the wing world
I'M HOME, 32 cars is the ideal number for a one night should. As to purse size being an incentive. If that was true why do so many teams choose to run for a smaller purse when a nearby track offers a larger one? They know that the level of competition may be higher, they may be the big dog at one track, travel time and budget, all of these and more can contribute to smaller fields. Does USAC need a purse increase? Absolutely, but I am not sure it would be an incentive to some. Finally, possibly we have too many tracks vying in the same region for the same fans and competitors. This happened before and the outcome was not good.

8/27/19, 12:01 PM   #25
captrat

I am not home and I hate autofil!

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, PJ Wright
8/28/19, 3:00 AM   #26
Re: Smackdown observation
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I might be wrong but pretty sure if you don’t transfer through the heat the best you can start in the A is 7th
I'm pretty sure you're right
But in low car count races like Eastern Storm, whats even the point of having heats if everybody makes the A & they line up by Qualifying time?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown observation