IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
motormouthmyers (Offline)
  #1 5/4/14 6:08 PM
Making my first trip to Angelpark for the Pepsi National in July and wanted to know any facilities information (type of seating, any reserve seating, coolers allowed, etc. ??)

Thanks in advance.....
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #2 5/12/14 9:55 PM
Originally Posted by motormouthmyers:
Making my first trip to Angelpark for the Pepsi National in July and wanted to know any facilities information (type of seating, any reserve seating, coolers allowed, etc. ??)

Thanks in advance.....
Basic bleacher boards on the front stretch, a bleacher section in turn 1. No reserve seats, no coolers as far as i know.
Points (Offline)
  #3 5/13/14 2:18 AM
Plenty of parking, plenty of seating, good view from just about anywhere. Even lower seats as there are never trailers in the infield. Like Tim Said no reserved, though some will get there when the gates open and lay blankets the top row and go back out to the parking lot and tailgate. No food or drink carry in's of any kind except sweet corn on corn fest in august. pretty reasonable typical concessions brats burgers soda beer etc... Also the pavilion holds the national midget hall of fame if you got a little extra time. I hope you enjoy I have been watching fantastic racing at APS for decades.
2 Likes: apexonephoto, Task Force
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #4 5/13/14 6:08 AM
Any info on camping? We tent camp and bathrooms are a must for the mrs.
Jonr (Offline)
  #5 5/13/14 7:54 AM
Angell Park is one of my favorite tracks. I often say that it was the only good thing that I found in my year in Wisconsin. It has been many years since I have been there, but I will echo the above comments. Not a bad seat in the house. The majority of the bleachers are built into a hill. Thus if you don't climb stairs or have young children you can seat in the hill seating. They also have bleachers above the hill seating for a better veiw.

The town of Sun Prairie was starting to grow around the track when I was there. If you do camp on site, it will be like camping in the city. Housing development on one side. School complex on the other side.
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #6 5/13/14 9:15 AM
No facilities on-site for camping. Look around though, usually you can find a decently priced hotel room. May not be the prettiest place, but a place to lay your head.

Sure wish they would bring back Happy Trails at the end of the night. Seems like a tradition that has fallen by the wayside...
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #7 5/13/14 9:37 AM
http://www.rvparkstore.com/rv-park-d...in/sun-prairie

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #8 5/13/14 3:47 PM
Thank you to all for the camping advise. I had planned to throw up a tent much like I do for midget and sprint weeks. It seems I may to rethink that.
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #9 5/13/14 5:37 PM
I've seen midgets at a lot of tracks now, and Angell Park is still the best place to watch midgets! That track suits the midgets just perfectly. It should be a good show!
Not sure if they still do, but the track would actually put up wooden arrow shaped signs all across town that said "midget races" and have the sign pointing to what road you should follow to get to the track. Always thought that was neat for some reason.
ernart3 (Offline)
  #10 5/13/14 7:26 PM
You can camp at the track we camp in our motor home but don't know if any bathrooms will be open.