IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rip off
7/27/13, 11:28 PM   #1
Rip off
Bad Dad 54

Well Merritt Speedway in MI found a new way to keep racers money, when you buy a pit pass they give you a receipt & if there is a rainout like tonight they won't give you a cash refund. You us it next week or mail your pit pass in w/ the receipt to get your refund, yeah right my friends did that at Attica & got nothing. So after the track noticed no one was leaving from our group they offered refund. But if you didn't have a receipt you didn't get your money. Get'n disgusted w/ racing. Gas City did it right on a rainout, didn't even have to ask, just gave me my money

2 members like this post: Motormasher, speed bump
7/28/13, 10:30 AM   #2
Re: Rip off
Eric Smith

You sure could tell the guy that came back to the track and opened the pit booth back up and had the girls give us our money back sure wasn't very happy about it. Lots of people left before he came back though, and I'm sure will get nothing. Not a good way to make friends, but a very good way to make bank.

7/28/13, 1:32 PM   #3
johnnythunderhead
Banned

ask the people who use and read this cite and they will all swear to you that no promoter in the history of auto racing has ever given anyone money back from a rain out, and will defend the thieves who don't to the death! so you might as well save your breath!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: ossuks
7/28/13, 1:46 PM   #4
MIKE HEIMEL

Jiggs At Gas City Sure Has at least to fans not sure about Pit Passes

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, racerfanx2, speed bump
7/28/13, 2:06 PM   #5
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE HEIMEL View Post
Jiggs At Gas City Sure Has at least to fans not sure about Pit Passes
Pit passes are refunded when you hand them the wrist band.

jiggs told us one time that it was not his money legally so he was going to give it to the owners/fans. People are not afraid of the weather that way as they know they will get there money back.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1/Bruce & Sandy Dalton

6 members like this post: OTSNWR, snowdrift, SOROKACH35FAN, speed bump, tntbusco, wvwildthg
7/28/13, 2:34 PM   #6
Bad Dad 54

Gotten my money back from Jiggs on a pit pass, didn't even ask or hand it to him yet, why I like GC. I was told the we had to mail it in w/ wrist band & receipt in order get your money so maybe the others can do this. Didn't work at Attica for my friends who did that. Tired of these promoters, was told a Canadian track shafted the racers & during the week the place was vandalized. Next week staying home w/ G'son, tired of this treatment

7/28/13, 3:16 PM   #7
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54 View Post
Well Merritt Speedway in MI found a new way to keep racers money, when you buy a pit pass they give you a receipt & if there is a rainout like tonight they won't give you a cash refund. You us it next week or mail your pit pass in w/ the receipt to get your refund, yeah right my friends did that at Attica & got nothing. So after the track noticed no one was leaving from our group they offered refund. But if you didn't have a receipt you didn't get your money. Get'n disgusted w/ racing. Gas City did it right on a rainout, didn't even have to ask, just gave me my money
You got a refund and still started a thread titled rip off.

7/29/13, 10:26 PM   #8
Bad Dad 54

Fish, yes I got my money back but others didn't, not the ones that left but the ones that didn't have their receipt. More than 1 person took their pass off right in front of them still didn't receive a refund. That's just not right, like Gas City for more than one reason. Didn't even have to ask Jiggs he gave me my money & waited for me to tear off my pass. Why complicate a simple process as a pit pass. I see Paragon has a NO CASH REFUND policy so I won't be going there

7/29/13, 10:52 PM   #9
johnnythunderhead
Banned

so does Lincoln park and when I complained on here about it, everyone acted like I was nuts and insisted that no race track promoter in the history of the sport has every given a cash refund after a rainout/ I've been around racing many many years and guess what lps is the only track I've ever been to that refused to give a cash refund to a person who lives too far to come back as a normal basis. I have been back there, but i'll be damned if i'll go back when there's ever a chance of rain!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/30/13, 4:36 AM   #10
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
so does Lincoln park and when I complained on here about it, everyone acted like I was nuts and insisted that no race track promoter in the history of the sport has every given a cash refund after a rainout/ I've been around racing many many years and guess what lps is the only track I've ever been to that refused to give a cash refund to a person who lives too far to come back as a normal basis. I have been back there, but i'll be damned if i'll go back when there's ever a chance of rain!

Posted via Mobile Device
brownstown and twin cities wont give you cash back either and tell you on what days they are good for usually 2 weeks only....we had tickets from last years sprint week at kokomo and they honored them this year what a great track

3 members like this post: mowerman, speed bump, weirracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rip off