IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather at Plymouth?
6/26/20, 2:44 PM   #1
Weather at Plymouth?
Longtime sprinter

How’s the sky looking at Plymouth? Hope Mother Nature holds off tonight!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/26/20, 4:14 PM   #2
flagboy55

I like some of you use the weatherbug app. I find it to be fairly accurate. It shows 20% or less until 11pm. Radar seems to show the weather staying north. I hope it holds off. What’s a bit more troubling to me is that a track not 90 miles away would be running a special against Plymouth. Seems very counter productive

6/26/20, 5:43 PM   #3
EldoraMark

If u r talking gas city then I believe they had there schedule out before Plymouth. Gas city did not run sprints last friday because of midget week.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART, spicoli, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
6/26/20, 6:18 PM   #4
flagboy55

That’s exactly what I was referring to and I’m just saying they could have run Sunday unopposed, the only show in town. Just doesn’t make sense to me. The way things are, with everything changing one day to the next, seems a little cooperation could go a long way. But obviously that doesn’t fit in today’s world

6/26/20, 8:09 PM   #5
Re: Weather at Plymouth?
cornerthree

If Gas city had it on their scheduel then it's not their problem. USAC should of worked around it. Gas City didn't run against Midget week.

3 members like this post: progressive22, tirespinner, wright59
6/26/20, 8:39 PM   #6
DJlives

USAC has to take every race they can. There is no telling when this season will come to a halt

3 members like this post: fish, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
6/26/20, 11:29 PM   #7
racefan20

The local tracks cant all shut down everytime USAC runs anywhere close. People had problems with the local tracks running against the Knoxville Cornbelt nationals last year and it was hundreds of miles away. Lets face facts 85-90% of the cars running local shows would not have run the USAC race because they wouldnt be competitive so why waste their time(and those precious $$). If they dont go to the local tracks they wont get good enough to move up the ladder to USAC. The USAC schedule as it stands now has 21 races in Indiana and 13 in the other 49 states. So you want the other tracks to go dark on those 21 dates(oh and 3 other nights at Eldora too)? I was at Paragon tonight saw a pretty good race, there was a good crowd and I think its pretty safe to say that there was only 1 sprint car driver there that may have run Plymouth, and he wasnt even driving. TMez was turning wrenches for Ricky Lewis in his other car. ALL of the promoters need to run their tracks to make $$ otherwise we wont have many choices of races to go to

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/26/20, 11:48 PM   #8
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Rain never hit the track till the features where over. I just got home.

6/26/20, 11:52 PM   #9
richie

Tonight’s USAC race at Plymouth was on the schedule released in early December of 2019. The date never changed and this was not an added race.

6/27/20, 10:47 AM   #10
flagboy55

Well John, just to be clear I was very much critical of races run against the Corn Belt National’s. But I didn’t mean that local tracks hundreds of miles away should shut down, I meant that sanctioned races should not be held against it, like MSCS. For the betterment of big time non wing racing it would be good to have all the players on board. As far as Plymouth is concerned, Richie pretty much spelled it out. Race was scheduled unchanged for months, why would you go against it knowing it’s your same fan base and competitors? And pay more than a regular show on top? Why didn’t Gas ask for the date that I96 had to give up which was today? Why didn’t Kokomo come on board too and have a nice little weekend with 3 tracks within 90 miles of each other running USAC? That would have benefited both the tracks and fans. I enjoyed the Plymouth race just fine, just saying with a little forethought and cooperation it could’ve worked better for everyone

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather at Plymouth?