IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little Belleville
10/28/14, 8:35 AM   #1
Little Belleville
racenut69

As of yesterday,they have no promoter due to the Fair Board and Donnie not being able to come to an agreement...This is very sad news for us Midget fans! I'm hoping that Kenny Brown and POWRi can have the option to run some shows there,but who knows...Donnie has spent a bunch of money there in the last few years,running weekly shows,but Tri-City also runs on Friday so the fan base was split...I can understand why he can't continue losing his azz but I'm still sad!...
Last edited by racenut69; 10/28/14 at 8:36 AM.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, Red Hat
10/28/14, 8:41 AM   #2
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

How about WEEKLY midgets and micros on Saturday nights!!!!!

2 members like this post: bn kleen, racenut69
10/28/14, 8:44 AM   #3
Re: Little Belleville
racenut69

Great Idea!!!...The fans in this area are solid Mod and SLM fans,so we would need out-of-towners to fill the stands and I'm not sure we could pull it off!

10/28/14, 8:51 AM   #4
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I support any midget shows they have and I only live 2 1/2 hrs away ! Not having POWRI shows there next summer would leave 3-4 empty spots on my schedule . Hope something can b worked out.

10/28/14, 1:17 PM   #5
Re: Little Belleville
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Belle-Clair Promotions, LLC ends their promotion of Belle-Clair Speedway!

Article Posted By Jimmy Dearing on October 27, 2014

BCS14Logo-01Belleville, IL – October 27th, 2014 – Belle-Clair Promotions, LLC has elected to end their promotion of Belle-Clair Speedway effective immediately. Below is the info posted on Belle-Clair Speedway’s Facebook Page earlier today.

Regarding the article in the sound off section of the bnd (Belleville News Democrat) I doubt seriously that the track will close. While I don’t see weekly racing continuing I do believe a combination of Midget/Micro racing and some Stockcar Specials may work if the parties involved can play on a realistic plan.

What is true is that my Family & I have decided to give up our fight to keep the track flourishing. Belle-Clair Promotions LLC will be dissolved while we deal with the debt left behind. We threw an absurd amount of money at it the last 4 years. The track has struggled basically ever since the competition invaded Friday nights splitting up the Fan base.

While I am sorry we cannot continue I think we brought a lot of Great shows to the Fans and did some Awesome tributes for some of our Favorite members of our racing community.

I would like to Thank my Wife, Family, all the Fans, Racer’s, Crews & most of all the Awesome Sponsor’s for all the Great support.

Print Friendly

I don't think we're going to lose the Midgets at all, May another show or 2 will be added! JMO

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan
10/28/14, 1:43 PM   #6
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I'm going to sound like a midget/sprint snob here but that track is wayyyyyy to small for anything but micros and midgets. I wish no financial demise on anyone ( ok maybe my ex wife ).
We watched that POWRI show WHEN they had late models and other stuff. King Kong Korte started in the back row and passed 1 car! Korte is fast and he couldn't go anywhere cause the track isn't meant for that size of car.
Maybe specials will b more profitable for everyone that's involved.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
10/28/14, 9:35 PM   #7
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
What is true is that my Family & I have decided to give up our fight to keep the track flourishing. Belle-Clair Promotions LLC will be dissolved while we deal with the debt left behind. We threw an absurd amount of money at it the last 4 years. The track has struggled basically ever since the competition invaded Friday nights splitting up the Fan base...
Earlier this month, there was a bunch of posts suggesting that all promoters need to dramatically increase the purses. It is important to realize that it is hard to be a promoter.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little Belleville