Bacon wins

Windom
KTJ
Sunshine
Grant
4 Likes: flagboy55, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #2 7/6/19 9:50 AM
6 heats c, b main. A track big enough to race on. That is what sprint car racing is about. Great show.
4 Likes: Big Mike 7, EBookerFan, flagboy55, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #3 7/6/19 10:00 AM
Did they get a good crowd?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #4 7/6/19 10:45 AM
I would say the crowd was good, but it’s hard to tell the place is so big. Now I realize when I was watching the late models on MAVTV from there, why it looked empty. it seems to me like you could have 5000 and look sparse. Anyone know how many they seat?
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #5 7/6/19 10:55 AM
Including the backstretch the total capacity there is In the low 20 thousands. They widened seats before last years nationals and lost some capacity. It was a sell out on Saturday night last year.
2 Likes: flagboy55, tirespinner
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #6 7/6/19 11:55 AM
Seats over 24,000
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #7 7/6/19 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by chathamracefan:
Including the backstretch the total capacity there is In the low 20 thousands. They widened seats before last years nationals and lost some capacity. It was a sell out on Saturday night last year.
Sold out, and every one of us saw a hell of a race.
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #8 7/6/19 12:42 PM
We had a great time last night and the racing was awesome. A lot of tight battles and massive slide jobs. I was impressed as a first time spectator at Knoxville. We are looking forward to another fantastic night of racing and spending time with our racing families.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, davidm, Dirtfan, FishBurger, flagboy55, HoosierMikey, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #9 7/6/19 1:29 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I would say the crowd was good, but it’s hard to tell the place is so big. Now I realize when I was watching the late models on MAVTV from there, why it looked empty. it seems to me like you could have 5000 and look sparse. Anyone know how many they seat?
I THINK that they said during the 2018 Knoxville Nationals that the front stretch stands seat about 14,000 and the backstretch seats about 9,000. This does not include all the suites. During the Saturday sellout at last year’s Nationals, the number being mentioned most often was 25,000+.
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #10 7/6/19 2:11 PM
With the seat widening project they lost about 2500 seats so the capacity is about 21k, not including the hall of fame and Clauson suites.