IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora what classes
10/23/12, 6:25 PM   #11
Re: eldora what classes
Sprintcarfanatic

Was going to go Sat.. 60% chance of RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Can't say it but it happened 2 wks ago & I'm not going to chance it again.

10/24/12, 6:46 PM   #12
cjm3535

Looks like Mother Nature will take the first two nights. Does anyone know what the rainout plan is for the B.O.S.S series if Saturday rains out? Will they run it Sunday or will Dustin Smith be crowned champion?

Posted via Mobile Device

10/24/12, 11:50 PM   #13
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisprint View Post
sucks to see mmsa is running the mini sprint show. we were gonna bring a couple cars but not if they are running it. we like to race fair with bone stock motors, just some good racing. this group doesnt know how to tech cars so chances are we wont be there.you can bet if the 15 of farney shows up everyone else might as well go home or plan on finishing second cause that $6,000 motor sure will run but for 6 grand it should i guess. goodluck to all that attend.

DAMNIT TO HECK

Ever since we have been racing minisprints there has always been somebody cheating. If I'm cheating and you beat me you got to be cheating. I think in the 15 or so years we have been racing minisprints we have been beaten by 2 cheaters. One guy used doctored fuel and the other guy used a shot of nitros ever so often I was told 10 years after the fact. We have been out driven, we have been out setup and we have been out lucked but very seldom beat by a cheater motor.

Unless you go real big bore and stroke You aint going to make any more power than a well tuned stock motor. If you do go real big you will probably drop out a few races a season because of engine problems. AMSA had this problem many years ago, they could get more power but you were also going to use a motor or 2 a year, got so expensive they almost went out of business.These 1000cc motors are about as powerful as you can get them without becoming a hand grenade.

That was the advantage of the 1000cc motors they had as much power out of the bike as a full race Orient Express 1200cc motor had. If we weren't racing I would be glad to do tech inspections, But we wouldn't find very many cheaters because they just ain't there.

If you want to beat this kid > Get a good chassis, Get a good set of shocks, new bars and springs, get your car and driver down to min. weight,a balls to the walls young hot shoe and last but not least a new sticker right rear tire (Good for about .2 second a lap.)

Then the other racers will accuse you cheating. If you want to regulate these things do it with weight and right rear tire rules. You are just putting too much importance in the job of the motor.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/24/12 at 11:56 PM.

10/25/12, 12:20 AM   #14
cjm3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
DAMNIT TO HECK

Ever since we have been racing minisprints there has always been somebody cheating. If I'm cheating and you beat me you got to be cheating. I think in the 15 or so years we have been racing minisprints we have been beaten by 2 cheaters. One guy used doctored fuel and the other guy used a shot of nitros ever so often I was told 10 years after the fact. We have been out driven, we have been out setup and we have been out lucked but very seldom beat by a cheater motor.

Unless you go real big bore and stroke You aint going to make any more power than a well tuned stock motor. If you do go real big you will probably drop out a few races a season because of engine problems. AMSA had this problem many years ago, they could get more power but you were also going to use a motor or 2 a year, got so expensive they almost went out of business.These 1000cc motors are about as powerful as you can get them without becoming a hand grenade.

That was the advantage of the 1000cc motors they had as much power out of the bike as a full race Orient Express 1200cc motor had. If we weren't racing I would be glad to do tech inspections, But we wouldn't find very many cheaters because they just ain't there.

If you want to beat this kid > Get a good chassis, Get a good set of shocks, new bars and springs, get your car and driver down to min. weight,a balls to the walls young hot shoe and last but not least a new sticker right rear tire (Good for about .2 second a lap.)

Then the other racers will accuse you cheating. If you want to regulate these things do it with weight and right rear tire rules. You are just putting too much importance in the job of the motor.

Honest Dad himself
SSSOOOO what's the rain out policy going to be?

Posted via Mobile Device

10/25/12, 5:57 AM   #15
sprintracer82

After talking to aaron fry the only rain on saturday is in the morning. Why not do something positive for once, get off your porch, get out of your chair and go racing! Before message boards people used to look forward to going racing, now the races get beaten down to the point that when people do research as to whats happening this weekend they stay home from all the doom and gloom.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: mowerman, PIT CART, SHORTBUS
10/25/12, 7:12 AM   #16
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Earlier in the week it looked like Saturday would be wet. Now it looks like Friday will be the wet day with it maybe hanging into Saturday morning....of course that could be wrong. If I based going to races on forecasts, I'd stay home 90% of the time (which is the % they are normally wrong).

The way I look at it when I go racing, the only place rain matters is the plot of land the track sits on. It can rain all around it and it doesn't matter.

10/25/12, 10:12 AM   #17
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm3535 View Post
SSSOOOO what's the rain out policy going to be?

Posted via Mobile Device
This late in the season better start worrying about about "SNOW DAYS". Christmas week would work for us.

Honest Dad himself

10/25/12, 10:37 AM   #18
stif racing

Spoke to Larry on Tues. night and as of that time there were no mini sprints registered. The way we understood is this race is pre-register, which doesn't make sense to me with the way weather can be this late in the season.

10/25/12, 10:53 AM   #19
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
Sounds like he's already got you beat, sack up.
Yeh, I would just sell out, if I thought everytime I loaded up, that I didn't have a chance, I would be a rich man today, because I wouldn't have made the effort, but in over 60yrs of racing, the thought never crossed my mind, it was a hobby, not a do or die situation, I always ran legal, and I knew my resources were limited, and I didn't mortgage the farm, to try and be the one to beat, altho it did turn out that way alot of times, I raced with guys, that thought the only way they could be beat, was by someone cheating more than they were, now ain't that a hell of a way to be raised, never consider they might be better at setup, be better prepared, work on what they were doing, and make themselves, and their equipment better, just do a better job at what you were doing. I've never had any help, to speak of, my wife and I have done it all, almost, just us 2, so if something needed done, we did it, it was a hobby, not life or death, and we've met, and made a lot of good friends along the way, so don't blame your lack of being competitive, on someone cheating, look around you, and take some of the blame yourself. Bob

3 members like this post: DAD, koolaid89, PJ Wright
10/25/12, 12:45 PM   #20
DAD

OUCH!!!!

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora what classes