IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-All Modifieds run a feature!
9/10/12, 5:15 PM   #1
Lincoln Park Speedway-All Modifieds run a feature!
LPS Insider

In a big thank you to all the Modifieds that supported Lincoln Park Speedway for The 9th Annual Patriot 100, (all 72 of you), LPS will do an All Modifieds Run A Feature race this Saturday, September 15th!

Saturday will be our Final Points Night!

Sprints
Modifieds
Super Stocks
and
Bombers

General Admission $13.00
Pit Passes $30.00
Kids 10 and Under Always Free at LPS!

Pit Gates Open at 3
Main Gates Open at 4:30
Hot Laps at 6
and
Racing at 7!

9/10/12, 6:03 PM   #2
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-All Modifieds run a feat
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I'm not a big fan of the whole "every car runs a feature" idea.

Of course, you guys already knew that. Go ahead... say it. It's not always about me.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, rightrear
9/10/12, 7:07 PM   #3
dirttrack87

Why wouldnt you want to show appreciation for the guys that support your track? I think this is what they're getting at. Kuddos to the promotor.

9/10/12, 7:21 PM   #4
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I'm not a big fan of the whole "every car runs a feature" idea.

Of course, you guys already knew that. Go ahead... say it. It's not always about me.
By making money off the high car counts in these double feature shows, the promoter can run more high paying shows.

9/10/12, 7:25 PM   #5
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Trust me, I know what the promoter is doing. Lol

I'm not against showing appreciation.

Racing is a competition. If your best effort that night isn't good enough then try again next time.

That's why I'm not a fan of the idea.

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, mayor31, Mud Packer, rightrear
9/10/12, 8:10 PM   #6
2HWrench

Maybe the next race every Driver can get a trophy as well.

6 members like this post: 48modracer, BrentTFunk, hoosier, mayor31, RacingGirl10, Tim Clauson
9/10/12, 8:22 PM   #7
Bill Gardner
Administrator

When racing becomes about trophies only... IOW is for sale. I'll find something else to do with my time.

Posted via Mobile Device

7 members like this post: batch56, BrentTFunk, Dblchkrs, Milly, mowerman, Mud Packer, Tim Clauson
9/10/12, 10:35 PM   #8
treecitytornado

Money is great but trophies, pictures, and video footage stand the test of time.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: hoosier, the_77H
9/10/12, 11:49 PM   #9
darnall

I guess I am missing something here....I would think a promoter would make more money if he only had one feature for a given class and could get away with just paying the 25-75 bucks worth of "tow" or "non qualifier" money to the 40-60 cars that don't make it outta the Bs or the Cs....even if the features pay less apiece than a typical race, when you multiply that by 3 wouldn't the promoter be shelling out much more cash?

And don't think I am in favor of the idea....I agree with Bills attitude...it should be about who is the best that night...part of the problem racing has now is that it has adopted "soccer mentality"...meaning everybody should get a trophy...so instaed of tracks having an entry level class and a premier class they have now fragmented the car count into 4, 5...even 8 classes at a weekly show...that way everybody makes the show...heck most everybody gets a top 10 nowadays.

We have a track in my neck of the woods that runs 3 classes of modifieds weekly....THREE CLASSES OF THE SAME DANG CAR!!!! sure they each have some significant rule differences, but you sure can't tell it from the stands...along with 3 mod classes they have 2 legends classes. This time the cars are identical but one class is for young rookie drivers...they also have pure stocks and factory stocks. That makes 7 weekly classes for those of you who's heads are spinning right now. Then at least twice a month they bring in a traveling series or a special class...late models, POWRI, ASCS regional sprints, whichever it is that makes 8 classes in one night....each weekly class averages 11-16 cars.

Most of the drivers love this concept because basically if you finish the race you can go to work and brag about having your 5th consecutive top 10 finish, or you can flood the internet with some silly press releases about how even after blowing your engine on the 3rd lap you were still good enough to finish 8th.

Most of the fans, however, hate the concept. The casual fan has no clue why there are so many 12 car races, and the hardcore fans realize that a field of 70-90 cars would make 2 really good classes, or 3 decent classes. Guess that explains why so many tracks need way more room in the pits while the bleachers look like a ghost town.

1 member likes this post: bandres21
9/11/12, 9:12 AM   #10
the_77H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HWrench View Post
Maybe the next race every Driver can get a trophy as well.
that might be sarcasm but some of the lower budget guys might actually like that. not everyone gets to roll up to the track in a big shiney toter.. several guys show up with pick up trucks and open trailers and equipment that has no shot of competing with the big budget guys, but they do it anyway because they enjoy it. After a 72 car count, I don't blame the promotor for giving the mods a "present" and letting them all run a feature. I don't race for the money. I race because I LOVE IT. no one is gonna become a millionare racing local dirt tracks on the weekends. After all... isn't racing supposed to be fun

4 members like this post: ccgraphix, cmiracingvids, Don 65s, VSneader2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-All Modifieds run a feature!