IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain Out Procedures
7/14/14, 1:15 PM   #1
Rain Out Procedures
Eric Smith

What happened with the money part of the USAC show last night? I wasn't there and don't know, so I'm asking. There has been a bit of "activity" at tracks recently regarding refunds/payouts and I am just curious.

It seems the tracks are wanting to keep all of the racers' (traveling series) money and all of the fans' money anytime they can. I've seen where they didn't run features, so they weren't going to payout, but ran a couple heats, so they called it a complete show and weren't going to give refunds either. We were at a "track" where there were no races at all, and they tried to keep all of everyone's money. Only once the racers basically promised to burn the place down, did they decide to refund pit passes. Saturday night, they said they were going to make us sign something stating we knew we weren't going to get our money back if it rained (very strong chance of rain). The group of people standing there not signing in eventually got them to change their minds.

So what in the world is it with track people that think they have the right to keep the racers and fans monies, but not pay anyone. Is that practice everywhere? Why would we put up with that? Isn't that kind of like having your cake and eating it too? Maybe some tracks do need to be burned down.

7/14/14, 1:20 PM   #2
PIT CART

Gas City used to give pit pass money back on rain outs. Jiggs had a hand full of $20s and came right to your trailer asking if you wanted cash or save it for later.

3 members like this post: cwfan08, spicoli, Wingman
7/14/14, 1:34 PM   #3
hoosier race fan

I think giving options is something that could resolve a lot of the problem. If race teams and fans can return for a make up or another show (of equal value) then they should be able to keep tickets/wristbands for use at another show. If they can't return, they should have the option to return their ticket/wristband for a full refund. Racer and fan friendly policies usually result in repeat customers and good PR for the track.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, RadRacer
7/14/14, 2:09 PM   #4
Re: Rain Out Procedures
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Many of the tracks have the procedures listed on their website, usually somewhere in the rules section.

7/14/14, 2:32 PM   #5
19racer

Depending on who the insurance company is normally once a car fires and comes out onto the track the paid dues to insurance arnt carried over. Next is having correct change to give people money back. Most tracks have it posted no cash refunds. For those that can't say come back to Lawrenceburg after last night save there band come back for 2015 sprint week. As far a payouts I'm sure tracks pay USAC before the show cause USAC pays the drivers. It's a no win for everybody involved

1 member likes this post: fish
7/14/14, 2:35 PM   #6
Rain Out Procedures
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19racer View Post
Depending on who the insurance company is normally once a car fires and comes out onto the track the paid dues to insurance arnt carried over. Next is having correct change to give people money back. Most tracks have it posted no cash refunds. For those that can't say come back to Lawrenceburg after last night save there band come back for 2015 sprint week. As far a payouts I'm sure tracks pay USAC before the show cause USAC pays the drivers. It's a no win for everybody involved
Usac doesn't pay drivers the night of the show they mail them checks later

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/14/14, 2:51 PM   #7
19racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Usac doesn't pay drivers the night of the show they mail them checks later
That's why I said tracks pay USAC and USAC pays drivers.

7/14/14, 3:40 PM   #8
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Sounds like a lot of interest for some one after holding that money for a year --- wonder who ---
take this any way you see fit

1 member likes this post: loosewheel
7/14/14, 5:55 PM   #9
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
Sounds like a lot of interest for some one after holding that money for a year --- wonder who ---
No one's making anything off of interest on money sitting in a bank account these days.

3 members like this post: fish, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/14/14, 5:58 PM   #10
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
IMS makes a ton of interest money on ticket sales. If you want to renew your seats for next year, you have to pay for them within 2 weeks of this year's race. 50 weeks of free interest.
steiny

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain Out Procedures