IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Perris Auto Speedway Announces Race Day Change
4/1/15, 12:05 PM   #1
Perris Auto Speedway Announces Race Day Change
Scott Daloisio

Perris Auto Speedway

18700 Lake Perris Drive

Perris, CA 92571

(951) 940-0134

http://perrisautospeedway.com/

For further information contact Scott Daloisio (909) 226-7768 or mailto:racesatthepas@aol.com

For Immediate Release

BIG CHANGE COMING UP AT PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY!

(Perris, CA, April 1, 2015) In its historic 20th season of operation, Perris Auto Speedway has announced a major change in its method of operation. On Wednesday morning, promoter Don Kazarian advised that all Saturday night races are being moved to Tuesday mornings effective immediately.

The veteran promoter had been trying to figure out for a long time how to gain a competitive edge in the tough battle for the entertainment dollar in Southern California when the Tuesday morning idea hit him.

“I was lying in bed one night staring at the ceiling because I could not sleep,” Kazarian stated with a smile. “It suddenly hit me and I was so excited I nudged my wife to tell her I had thought of something brilliant. She just told me to go to sleep, but I was too excited and started planning things in my head.”

Kazarian is correct in his assessment. Nowhere in the nation is competition for the entertainment dollar more intense than in Southern California. Several large amusements parks, two Major League Baseball teams, two NBA teams, two NHL teams, two major college sports programs, several major concerts every Saturday night, playhouses, the beach, desert, mountains and Las Vegas are all within a few of hours drive of everyone. The longtime promoter wanted to escape the trap of battling with all of that.

“Tuesday morning is a natural,” he offered with a smug grin. “No concerts, no sports and no plays going on then. Now, all of the people who would have to decide between going to those events and visiting us will come to the races on Tuesday mornings. Slam dunk! Racing will start at 9:00 AM so we are one hour ahead of when the amusement parks open.”

Kazarian was asked if he was concerned about how fans would get off work and how they would get there for a 9:00 AM start with the notorious Southern California traffic.

“No, there is no concern at all,” he smiled. “Racing fans are a hardcore, resilient group. They will find a way to be here. Plus, if they want to come the night before, we will let them come in and sleep in their cars. We will open the concession stands so they can have dinner and breakfast and any who want an early morning shower can stand by the edge of the track and I will spray them off with the water truck. This is going to quadruple our crowd size.”

One person very excited when he heard the news is 2007 USAC/CRA champion Tony Jones.

“I am handing in my two week notice at work on Friday and coming back to racing,” Jones gushed when he heard the news. “I cannot wait to get back and race in the daytime. Especially in July, August and September when the main event will be bumping off around noon and it will be around 100 degrees. There is nothing I love more than racing on dry, slick, holey, impossible to see dust bowls. Donnie is a genius. What will he think of next? Man, I am so excited. I have to go now so I can see if I still fit in my firesuit.”

When asked if any races would still be held at night, Kazarian said, “Yes, the Turkey Night Grand Prix on Thanksgiving Night. That one will remain unchanged. We are keeping it at night just so we can be sure the lights still work. If they do not, it will be held the next Tuesday morning.”

“This will open up so many doors for us and expose us to a whole new demographic group as well as benefiting all of our longtime fans,” said Kazarian, who could not hide his enthusiasm for the prospects this involves as the track approaches its third decade. He then added with a wink and a smile, “please be sure to tell everyone to have a very happy and fun April fool’s Day.”

For more information on The PAS call: (951) 940-0134.

Camping is available for $25.00 per night for all PAS events. The campground opens at noon the day before each event. Tailgating in the spectator parking lot will begin at 1:00 PM for all PAS events as well.

Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank its corporate sponsors for the 2015 season. AA Lynco Painting, All Coast Construction, All Seasons Tree Repair, Amsoil, Ayers Hotel and Spa, Budweiser, California Budget Finance, CamGuard, Champion Towing, City of Perris, Perris Com Ecco, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Drop Zone, Edelbrock, Engine Pro, Harry’s Café, HD Industries, Horizon Solar, K&N Engineering, Livingwaters Hospice, Luke’s Transmission, Moon Nursery, P.I.P.E., Paul Oil Company, Pepsi-Cola, Pick-A-Part Auto Salvage, Pizza Factory, Red Lion Inns and Suites, Robert Dempster, Scott Sales, Shaver Racing Engines, Sherwin-Williams, Stassines Cross, Square H, Swedish Speed, Town & Country Golf Carts, Trench Shoring, US Foods and Valley News.

To keep up with all of the latest Perris Auto Speedway news, photos, gossip and receive special offers, sign up at The PAS Facebook site at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perri...8686480?ref=hl

You can also keep up with the latest news and receive special offers from The PAS Twitter site: Perris Auto Speedway on Twitter.

Video and DVD productions of all racing events at Perris Auto Speedway are available from Loudpedal Productions. For more information on these productions you can contact them by calling (805) 844-3854, E-mailing mailto:trtruex@gmail.com or you can visit the web site LoudPedal Productions

Perris Auto Speedway is located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of October’s Southern California Fair), approximately one hour east of Los Angeles and one hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway and go three miles east to the fairgrounds.

racesatthepas@aol.com is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, davidm, dirtnonwingfan
4/1/15, 12:38 PM   #2
Re: Perris Auto Speedway Announces Race Day Change
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

One of the pleasures of every April 1 is seeing what escapes from the fertile minds at the PAS. Thanks Scott. I can't wait until Tuesday morning.

2 members like this post: JordanBlanton, racefan20
4/1/15, 12:49 PM   #3
Re: Perris Auto Speedway Announces Race Day Change
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Photographers will love shooting in the morning light.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Perris Auto Speedway Announces Race Day Change