IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.
8/18/22, 7:48 AM   #51
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Not sure why anyone would be complaining about this race. It was a Tuesday night in Indiana and we had some heavy hitters in the wing world show up for a race that paid more than any dirt race in Indiana. I thought the racing was great, a lot of side by side battles and the Winner came from row 5. The ones complaining obviously just want something to whine about. The race was ran very efficiently and got everyone out of there at a decent time. For a side note The usac guys who raced would have to run 3rd in a usac race just to make what it paid to start this race and I believe all the usac regular guys made the show so it was a good way for those guys to make some extra money on a Tuesday night. Social media will be the death of this sport you all claim to love but bash as soon as someone tries to make an improvement. If you can’t afford the $40,I understand, and you had the choice to watch on flo, which if I broke down the cost of my subscription I probably pay about $1 a race to watch on there. I go to the track every weekend but I also will have flo on watching a race from somewhere else typically. Quit bashing and embrace a new venture they are trying to get started that runs mid week and pays a very hefty amount of money. Also heard running 7th in b-main paid $825 so even the ones not making the feature got paid well. Put your keyboards away unless you have some positive input and let’s support those who are trying to improve the sport.
You might have heard wrong on $875. Brian Hayden was paid $125 for 9th in the B. He stated that Joe pays $200 on a regular Saturday night show so everyone wasn’t paid well.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 8/18/22 at 7:50 AM.

8/18/22, 8:49 AM   #52
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
You might have heard wrong on $875. Brian Hayden was paid $125 for 9th in the B. He stated that Joe pays $200 on a regular Saturday night show so everyone wasn’t paid well.
They pay $200 to run a B at Putnamville? I’d probably advertise that if it was me and that were true.
Last edited by JMA1181; 8/18/22 at 8:59 AM.

3 members like this post: Dale, DRFan87, PIT CART
8/18/22, 8:56 AM   #53
Re: Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
I read the same comment. There was a ton to unpack in that comment so I don't want people on this board to misunderstand the context of what Brian said in totality if they didn't see his comments.

What you stated is correct that his statement was $125 vs $200. I can't validate if that information is correct in regards to what Pville pays?
Last edited by Kart#51; 8/18/22 at 8:58 AM.

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
8/18/22, 9:23 AM   #54
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
I read the same comment. There was a ton to unpack in that comment so I don't want people on this board to misunderstand the context of what Brian said in totality if they didn't see his comments.

What you stated is correct that his statement was $125 vs $200. I can't validate if that information is correct in regards to what Pville pays?
Here are the comments made and the context in which they were made. This will help everyone understand the way in which the $125 was perceived.
Attached Images
Image.jpeg (553.5 KB, 154 views)

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, cowboyhar69, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99
8/18/22, 10:09 AM   #55
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Just to answer your question mark, the other announcer was Dustin Jarrett. He announces a lot of the big late model shows with Ben Shelton. Dustin is sort of a track chaser and I believe Lincoln Park was career track #316 he stated yesterday on Facebook while posting a view of the track from the announcer's booth.
Thank you! I wondered who he was. IMO (again!) he did a very nice job announcing on the Flo broadcast and he and Dillon made a good pair.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/18/22, 10:53 AM   #56
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
Here are the comments made and the context in which they were made. This will help everyone understand the way in which the $125 was perceived.
Presumably he was there by choice.

4 members like this post: DRFan87, JMA1181, OnTheHammer, Scott Daloisio
8/18/22, 11:07 AM   #57
JMA1181

Does a guy really think he should get paid for being 29th best out of 35? Ha ha, if you want paid, go to work.

7 members like this post: boomer, Dale, DRFan87, Milly, OnTheHammer, progressive22, Rochesterdj
8/18/22, 11:33 AM   #58
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

LM friend of mine, drove probably thirty plus years. Says back when he started they choose where they raced by what the race paid for tenth place in the A.

Because tracks didn't pay beyond that.

2 members like this post: OnTheHammer, TQ29m
8/18/22, 11:50 AM   #59
on_the_edge

I possibly did hear wrong on that I’ll wait to clarification but also they pay $200 to miss the show at a regular race? That’s gotta be the highest around if true.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
8/18/22, 12:58 PM   #60
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Kyle and Brad will pay what they need to, to achieve what they want to achieve. If they aren't getting enough cars for a meaningful B main, they'll bump the B main money. If they pay 1000 to start the B and start getting 65 cars, they'll probably knock it down a bit. These are 1 night weeknight shows, they need to run the show in 3 hours so fans can work, get to the track and work again the next day.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park - High Limit Racing - 35 Sprints signed in.