IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Quality Painting
12/19/08, 2:12 AM   #11
Re: Quality Painting
LEADERS EDGE

Someone once told me that it is safer to try and walk on water by getting a running head start than trying to wade above it. Their point was that you have a good chance of failing either way, but at least by running you have a tiny chance of making it.

Of course that guy was an absolute idiot.

12/19/08, 2:56 AM   #12
Joe Whisler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Someone once told me that it is safer to try and walk on water by getting a running head start than trying to wade above it. Their point was that you have a good chance of failing either way, but at least by running you have a tiny chance of making it.

Of course that guy was an absolute idiot.
Kinda like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhsxo7vY8ac
:eek:

12/23/08, 1:09 PM   #13
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint39 View Post
Hi everybody, I put a post on here last week about how I was loosing my job. I freaked out at the thought of this. I think I am going to start my own business. I am starting a painting business called Quality painting. I love doing this type of work and I think I am really good at it. I had a few contractors come to my house this week and look at the work I do. They said I did great work and they would call me when they need a sub-contractor. I am going to do interior, exterior painting and wall-papering. The other thing I wanted to let everyone know is how much CHEAPER I am than most painting contractors. I was shocked at how much they charged. If you need a free estimate give me a call.

Eric Walker
812-236-7747
Eric, here's my thoughts, and I've been thru your situation. I was "terminated" from a large Diesel Engine Company, due to the economy, in 1985. I had a a side job, at home, that sustained me for about a year, as a mechanic, then that "business" out grew my home shop, so I went looking for more space, found a building that was pretty run down, but the location was decent, found a banker who was willing to take a chance on me, and we bought the building, and set about fixing it up, and working at the same time. I can tell you this, you don't want to be the "cheapest" in town, you'll be covered up, in my case, it was everyone's broken down lawn mower, that they wouldn't pay for, after I got it fixed. Lesson one. We eventually got our prices up to standard, got our good name around, and after a couple years, managed to be able to get our heads above water, and succeeded. In you case, I watched a similar situation, a young man had lost his job, got started in the painting business, but he approached it from a different angle, he got hooked up with several of the local banks, most of them have houses, or buildings, that they aquire thru their trust departments, and these need to be kept up, so you've got a first rate client, and you know they have the money to pay. They will keep you busy, and it'll be a continuas supply of "good" work. Good luck, but don't under sell yourself! Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Quality Painting