IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stadium seats
9/18/16, 12:25 AM   #1
Stadium seats
gannyx4

It is my personal opinion that certain size stadium seats should not be allowed at most race tracks.. It is very inconsiderate of the people sitting behind you. If there would have been some kind of an emergency we would not have been able to get out safely because it was taking up all most all of the walkway.

9/18/16, 1:30 AM   #2
ryan84

I agree, I hate them. They should be banned from race tracks IMO

9/18/16, 7:26 AM   #3
Re: Stadium seats
BrentTFunk

I was at arace this year where an old guy had one and no one could set behind him. Every person who walked down the row behind him bumped him, and he would give them a dirty look, even though he was blocking their way.

4 members like this post: interpreter66, maddog53, racenut69, tirespinner
9/18/16, 7:55 AM   #4
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

I don't feel bad about bumping into these people and I don't look for a facial expression as i Bulldog through the obstacle they put down!! Pure Ignorance.

9/18/16, 8:54 AM   #5
berks co

The worst is when they than put there cooler on the seats in front of them, take up,jam up three rows. When I bumped into the guy he looked at me started to say something I quickly said I'm glad all three of you have coolers and chairs and take up three rows.
Last edited by berks co; 9/18/16 at 8:55 AM.

9/18/16, 11:33 AM   #6
Racin' girl

For some, it's a matter of back and neck issues; the support of having something behind your back makes a big difference. I will also say, my husband and I try to sit in non congested areas with ours, and if the bleachers are tight, or it's a big show I know we won't be using the seats, but I know going into that situation the price I pay will be the next day in bed with a migraine, but that is all on me.
There are some of us that use stadium seats that are not inconsiderate, and people like the ones you describe above irritate me too (happened a couple weeks ago at a reserved seat race in Illinois), just wanted to speak up for those of us that use them for a reason, but understand that there is a time and place for them.

9/18/16, 2:11 PM   #7
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

I understand your plight with back and or neck problems as I have back and leg problems. I think they should be banned outright. I see people perfectly capable of NOT needing one of these things, using them. (I know they do not need them as I know them) It incenses me to no end. I would NEVER use one

2 members like this post: ryan84, tirespinner
9/18/16, 2:25 PM   #8
Rpracing1

No issues here with stadium seats. What nuts me up though is the ones who drag in these big pleasure boat seats that are about 6" thick. Then you have the characters that haul in webbed lawn chairs and they somehow manage to get them to fit in a bleacher. SMH....

I have a lot bigger worries than stadium seats at a race track.....
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/18/16 at 4:21 PM.

4 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, racenut69
9/18/16, 2:31 PM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannyx4 View Post
It is my personal opinion that certain size stadium seats should not be allowed at most race tracks.. It is very inconsiderate of the people sitting behind you. If there would have been some kind of an emergency we would not have been able to get out safely because it was taking up all most all of the walkway.
I usually use one, don't want to be a nuisance tho... whats your definition of "too big"?

9/18/16, 3:43 PM   #10
PJ Wright

Three weeks ago I had an epidural for my deteriorating back. Didn't help much so they say surgery is on the horizon. The only way I can tolerate sitting in the stands is with a back on the seat. I've always tried to be considerate of others, but if they are banned then my days of attending races is over. I'm not wanting sympathy, just stating reality.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stadium seats