IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Final Thoughts Mini Sprints - Rumble & Shootout
1/6/12, 10:06 AM   #1
Final Thoughts Mini Sprints - Rumble & Shootout
motorsportspr

Blogs have been updated with final thoughts from these two events:

Tulsa Shootout: CLICK HERE

Rumble Series: CLICK HERE

3 members like this post: Melmo, Phylo82, Wayne Davis
1/6/12, 11:40 AM   #2
Re: Final Thoughts Mini Sprints - Rumble & Shootou
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Good write up Scott...hope to see ya in Florida...tell pops I sad hello and good meeting you both....great people!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1/6/12, 1:18 PM   #3
Kart65

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

I think that both the Rumble and the Shootout are excelent venues. I was able to take my son to the Shootout in 2010 thanks to Dadd's Muffler and A.J. Felker Racing.
We also helped them out and others at the 2011 Rumble this year. Dadd's car 37 won on Saturday and I enjoyed watching the 3 day event from start to finish.
I plan on attending the Rumble or the Shootout next year, I think the car count will go up next year at the Rumble as it did at the Shootout this year.
Have a safe 2012 everyone!
The Big Bald Guy! Ron

1/6/12, 4:37 PM   #4
DAD

I read on the "FOZ BLOG" Lindsay's essay on "HOW I SPENT NEW YEARS EAVE 2012". I thought it was a great piece of Blogmanship i have known for years that them Kentucky Hill Billy Ambrose's were cheaters.
Back in his day the father RON cheated in TQ midgets racing an old worn out German outboard motor aganist them cute little Honda motors and beating them with a chain no less. It's a good thing them guys got on top of their rules or they would have been running mini-sprints today.
I know for a fact that the brothers Lyn and Collin are cheating because we cheat and they beat us all the time. I also noticed that Collin had weights hanging from his rear torsion tubes, this has got to be illeagle and maybe just a little rude also.

I went to the MMSA banquet and Tony made a trip down there too promote his show. I asked about groving up some slicks. Back in my day they did not have dirt specific tires so we groved up slicks. I can still remember my first set of Ascot's they were sure neat but only came in one size. It's a good thing we didn't know about stager back then. Tony said dirt tires only, not mini sprint tires only. what is the difference between a 15 year old TQ tire, a worn out left rear, A hard old sp3 and or a new Focus midget tire. They are all dirt tires. A rose by any other name wouid it not smell as sweet or be as soft.

We did not want to spend $300.00 for a new set of hard rear tires to race 2 races on. The reason Tony said dirt tires was to keep it cheap.
It was probably a good thing that A.J. Felker came with us to the race.
most of us dumb dirt racers did not have a clue about set up. Only Lindsay and the brothers Ambrose had any pavement experience at all.
A.J. helped anyone who asked and was responsible for keeping us all off of our tops.

We had a great time, I got drunker than I should, Lindsay a bit of advice from an old timer mini sprinter "BUY A BETTER FUEL PUMP" those old flowtru just always give up at the wrong time.

Honest DAD Himself

1/6/12, 4:44 PM   #5
KYRON

Hey dad ! I knew you was cheatin' when you beat us saturday !

1/6/12, 4:49 PM   #6
DAD

We just did something we don't do often or very good "Sand bag". Takes a real precice driver to turn 6th fast time and not screw up when there is 2 Ambrose Brothers behind him.

Honest Dad Himself

KRON do you know if those guys hadn't figured you was a cheater with that old trolling motor and chain drive We would all be racing TQ's with chain drives now.
Last edited by DAD; 1/6/12 at 4:55 PM.

1/7/12, 8:16 AM   #7
Phylo82

Nice job Scott.....but my wife spells her name with a 'K', better change that before she sees it!

Good luck at the karting track today.....don't let the young punk move you out of the way.

1/8/12, 4:11 PM   #8
Ambrose93&39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I read on the "FOZ BLOG" Lindsay's essay on "HOW I SPENT NEW YEARS EAVE 2012". I thought it was a great piece of Blogmanship i have known for years that them Kentucky Hill Billy Ambrose's were cheaters.
Back in his day the father RON cheated in TQ midgets racing an old worn out German outboard motor aganist them cute little Honda motors and beating them with a chain no less. It's a good thing them guys got on top of their rules or they would have been running mini-sprints today.
I know for a fact that the brothers Lyn and Collin are cheating because we cheat and they beat us all the time. I also noticed that Collin had weights hanging from his rear torsion tubes, this has got to be illeagle and maybe just a little rude also.

I went to the MMSA banquet and Tony made a trip down there too promote his show. I asked about groving up some slicks. Back in my day they did not have dirt specific tires so we groved up slicks. I can still remember my first set of Ascot's they were sure neat but only came in one size. It's a good thing we didn't know about stager back then. Tony said dirt tires only, not mini sprint tires only. what is the difference between a 15 year old TQ tire, a worn out left rear, A hard old sp3 and or a new Focus midget tire. They are all dirt tires. A rose by any other name wouid it not smell as sweet or be as soft.

We did not want to spend $300.00 for a new set of hard rear tires to race 2 races on. The reason Tony said dirt tires was to keep it cheap.
It was probably a good thing that A.J. Felker came with us to the race.
most of us dumb dirt racers did not have a clue about set up. Only Lindsay and the brothers Ambrose had any pavement experience at all.
A.J. helped anyone who asked and was responsible for keeping us all off of our tops.

We had a great time, I got drunker than I should, Lindsay a bit of advice from an old timer mini sprinter "BUY A BETTER FUEL PUMP" those old flowtru just always give up at the wrong time.

Honest DAD Himself
Awe now DAD, I think you're just jealous that your car doesn't have any swinging weights......LOL!!! Good job on your win!! I just talked to Windy Hollow a few minutes ago and he definitely wants another show for this year. Wonder how many new faces would come race there this year?

1/8/12, 4:52 PM   #9
somebodysmam

If I was a new racer I would run the other direction.Why would you want to run with people who admit to cheating and thinks it's funny.

1/8/12, 7:00 PM   #10
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysmam View Post
If I was a new racer I would run the other direction.Why would you want to run with people who admit to cheating and thinks it's funny.
Sometimes we (Ambrose and Honest Dad himself) tend to talk about things using just a little inside humor. Poor old Harry Jones Somebodysmam steped right in it. We can have fun and race together and sometime just shoot the bull on IOW. Actually I think the weights on Collin's car came from some poor bull. Some people are so in to themselves they fail to see the humor. We don't have to cheat, we try to be both good winners and good loosers. At one time we raced with a bunch of **** winers**** That sure aint no fun.

I AM SORRY Harry and somebody DID NOT SEE THE HUMOR. The next time you are around an MMSA race come down to the pits and check out those weights on Collin's car.

Honest Dad Himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Final Thoughts Mini Sprints - Rumble & Shootout