IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jimmy Hillgas Rest in peace.
8/10/23, 1:23 PM   #1
Jimmy Hillgas Rest in peace.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I let you check Tonya's FB page for any details. But we've lost a racing buddy. to what all adds up to complications from diabetes that's he's been fighting for years.

Prayers for Tonya and may God clear a spot for a good man.

8/10/23, 1:25 PM   #2
Re: Jimmy Hillgas Rest in peace.
BrentTFunk

RIP Jimmy.

8/10/23, 2:14 PM   #3
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I let you check Tonya's FB page for any details. But we've lost a racing buddy. to what all adds up to complications from diabetes that's he's been fighting for years.

Prayers for Tonya and may God clear a spot for a good man.
Prayers to Tonya and family.

Jimmy will be missed by many.

Rest in Peace

8/10/23, 4:22 PM   #4
addictedtodirt

I spent many Friday nights next to Jimmy and Tonya for over nearly 15 years. He always wore a smile and a matching shirt to his wife and kidney donor. If his medical issues bothered him, you wouldn't know it. He had too many opinions and thoughts to share on all the other issues in life.
I always sought Jimmy out at every track I went to because I enjoyed him so much. I'm not sure if USAC had a bigger fan.
Race in peace Jimmy.
Hugs and prayers to Tonya and family.

8/10/23, 4:46 PM   #5
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

So sorry to hear this sad news!! Always enjoyed chatting with Jimmy & Tonya at the races. Even though Jimmy endured a lot of issues he never stopped smiling. Thoughts & prayers go out to Tonya & her family in this time of sorrow. Know your racing friends are there for you, Tonya.

Bruce & Pat Eckel

8/10/23, 5:55 PM   #6
nonwing79

I remember many years ago seeing Jimmy and Tonya at every racetrack I visited, they were awesome race fans and always had matching race shirts. Jimmy loved his traditional sprints and converted Tonya over from Ohio wings. RIP Jimmy!

8/10/23, 6:14 PM   #7
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Really sad. I never met Jimmy, but I'm sure I have seen him at many of the USAC shows. We traded comments on social media and like others say, he always had opinions. RIP race fan. Prayers to his family, too.

8/10/23, 6:42 PM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Didn't know him, but I am always sad and sorry to hear that we lost one of our fans.

If he was a friend of yours, had I met him, I'm sure he would have been a friend of mine.

RIP, Jimmy.

8/10/23, 7:34 PM   #9
LUCKYONE

RIP JIMMY What a great team Jimmy & Tonya

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, Hammer, tirespinner
8/10/23, 7:57 PM   #10
Hammer

A very nice guy, I loved talking to him and joking because he had a great sense of humor and always smiling. He was at home at the racetracks and we'll miss him very much. A true race fan and good person. God bless you Tonya and all your family. My cousin Poncho and I will always miss our friend Jimmy.
Greg Baer

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jimmy Hillgas Rest in peace.