IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg
7/11/16, 12:16 AM   #21
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsboro View Post
(i wish the trees behind turn 3&4 were TALLER...LOL)
Amen!!!!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/11/16, 12:26 AM   #22
HoosierMikey

First time I been to the burg since they reven did it. The racing was okay with the 4th heat being the best in my opinion. The stands were very comfy. A little dusty but expected. All in all a good night but think I liked the tracked better before they really did it.

4 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, mtek56, sprinter14, tirespinner
7/11/16, 1:20 AM   #23
Re: Lawrenceburg
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

No, The track totally sucked, Clauson wasn't riding the wall and Leary who came from deep to fourth wasn't on the fence either. The catfish lane sucked too and Windom didn't come from tenth to third.

Nevermind the not five under a blanket racing in the not four grooves for second place for about ten laps between laps five and fifteen. Tmez had a awesome night and Farney even better.

There wasn't a thousand empty seats in turns one and two so Im guessing ten thousand just up and left because the blanket policy told them too.

A Sea of Yellow shirted LPS Bus Tour people. never showed and had a great time.

*sarcasm off*

Thanks Jen for the updates, I wasn't there to see it for myself. Oh wait, I was done with Sarcasm. So UN Thank You, The updates can't be true
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/11/16 at 1:22 AM.

4 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, HARFprez, mc/rider, speed bump
7/11/16, 1:57 AM   #24
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

I thought the racing was good from the heats all the way through the feature. It was cool to see Cummins have another good night, sneaking through the loaded B-main, and then coming from 21st to 8th in the feature. Ironically, he was side by side with Ballou coming to the finish for the second consecutive night, just not for p1 tonight. Congrats to BC on another victory. I could be wrong, but I think he's on pace to hit race 100 at one of the King's Royal nights, and if so, I can't wait to be there to witness it.

7/11/16, 2:19 AM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Me and my uncle both had a great time. I honestly thought the track was awesome. You could run anywhere you could make your car work best. Leary was picking cars early like a banshee, Not sure where he started but it was deep and he ran that wall and had such a run he sometimes passed two cars a lap. I know Windom, Bacon and few others started back in 11ish and were running in a pack till that mid point caution. Then Windom went to the bottom and picked off one at a time up to third. Courtney, Wow. Great run!

I was pulling for Hodges and for a while mid point he seemed to Be BC's equal, Pulling even or slightly ahead on back straight. Then BC went topside and just checked out.

Never did hear who was the hard charger, I'll have to read the results thread by USAC by Admin But I know several cars picked up seven or more positions.

Great night, I was glad the watered twice and kept the track from rubbering over or locking down. There were a few good qualification runs late in the session and in Hotlaps Bacon was running probablly Track record laps for the track after the banking was removed for 2010. He was in the 13.9s I don't think I've seen under 14 for quite some time.

Was sad to see Tmez and crew pull in late after troubles and not get any practice and only one lap for Quaifty. Was awesome to watch him in C main though.

Also bad night for Farney, Im not eactly sure what happened in that flip, I just seen one car flying through the air into a couple others. That took Farney's primary out and then he got in a tangle again with the backup and broke.

On to Terre Haute and LPS for me or Play by radar

Was sad not to see Susan and Deb but it was a big big crowd. I checked Section A and was happy to see the Packer of Mud and Kelly!! So I got a hug!

Racegal be doo? Where are you?

2 members like this post: mc/rider, speed bump
7/11/16, 6:44 AM   #26
65 Push Truck

Leary started 10th and finished 4th. Kyle Cummins started 20th and finished 8th and received the USAC Hard Charger Award.

Jarrett Andretti has had some good runs. Heard he is running a DRC now instead of a Spike and now sits 8th in ISW points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7/11/16, 9:54 AM   #27
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

According to the Highlight video it looked like a good race to me. Track looked good.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing
7/11/16, 11:23 AM   #28
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

I saw one fine upstanding older guy rocking the iow shirt.... but was too stuck in the middle of the row to do anything about it...who??

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/11/16, 12:05 PM   #29
Longtime sprinter

Thought the racing at the burg was fantastic. Great weather, great crowd,(packed), and exciting racing, albeit B.C. Checked out in the A. Never ceases to amaze, how one car is so fast one night, and a different one the next.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/11/16, 12:09 PM   #30
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
I thought the racing was good from the heats all the way through the feature. It was cool to see Cummins have another good night, sneaking through the loaded B-main, and then coming from 21st to 8th in the feature. Ironically, he was side by side with Ballou coming to the finish for the second consecutive night, just not for p1 tonight. Congrats to BC on another victory. I could be wrong, but I think he's on pace to hit race 100 at one of the King's Royal nights, and if so, I can't wait to be there to witness it.
Going to hit #100 at the action track on Wednesday if he makes the show at the Brady Doty Classic on Tuesday is what I saw!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg