IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TrevorMoody9 (Offline)
  #1 10/18/14 10:42 PM
I have decided that I want to part with some one-of-a-kind Rich Vogler pieces. The ONLY REASON I am willing to part with these pieces is that I am trying to save up to buy a winged sprint car when I graduate from college. I bought these pieces from Eleanor Vogler after I won the Rich Vogler Scholarship when I graduated from high school two years ago, and he will always be a hero for myself as a racer. Here is a list. My collection includes 2 jackets of Rich's and 6 of his trophies.

-Rich's 1988 USAC Skoal Bandit Midget National Championship trophy (There is a Skoal Bandit Jacket of his that will stay with this championship trophy)

-Autocraft Machine jacket with Rich's name embroidered on it (I have a picture from a magazine with Rich wearing the jacket.)

-1989 Indianapolis Raceway Park Hardee's Series Feature Winner Trophy

-(2) 1984 USAC Indianapolis Speedrome Feature Winner Trophies (May 31 and July 12)

-1978 USAC Trophy Dash Winner Hales Corners Speedway Trophy

-Rockford Speedway Feature Winner Trophy (unknown year)

I also have a 1979 tax record book of Rich's that has recorded expenses from all of the races from that year that I would be willing to throw in with this collection. It is pretty cool to look through and see the 1979 expenses compared to today's racing expenses. These pieces mean a lot to me, but I am willing to part with them for the right price. I can be contacted at (812) 604-5428, and I am located in Bloomington, IN. I can text you pictures, if you are interested.
Thank you,
Trevor Moody
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 10/18/14 11:59 PM
You're selling off some of one of the BEST non winged drivers stuff to buy a winged sprint WOW
2 Likes: midget39, PAW
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #3 10/19/14 12:05 AM
This should b interesting
TrevorMoody9 (Offline)
  #4 10/19/14 12:15 AM
Sorry to offend haha I will run with or without the wing. I've run winged and non-wing mini sprints. There are certain things I like about each. I'm just a little more partial to the wings. But, remember Rich would run with the wings as well, even though he made his name famous without the wing. I am open to offers.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
slick01 (Offline)
  #5 10/19/14 2:21 AM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
You're selling off some of one of the BEST non winged drivers stuff to buy a winged sprint WOW
That is quite a statement to make about someone's personal stuff. People should just be happy that maybe we have a future SPRINT car owner/driver coming along.
12 Likes: 7xCoop, ChadSmith, Hurryinhoosier, jim goerge, LRP36, ronmil, Russ, scottyCbus, speed bump, Task Force, TQ97, TrevorMoody9
flatout (Offline)
  #6 10/19/14 7:39 AM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
It is one thing to be passionate about your preference of cars in the sport, it is another thing to be dumb about it.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 10/19/14 8:31 AM
Vogler,Hewitt, Stanley, Kerr, Wolfgang, Sammy, Bacon, Hood, Briscoe, Randy and Bob Kinser, Rico, Huntley, Butler. BK

Hate to say it, Cause Im a NWer at heart.

GREAT AT BOTH

An to be honest, I think if you can be smooth and fast in a non winged Midget. You can race anything OVAL if you got the Cajones.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: 7xCoop, TrevorMoody9
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #8 10/19/14 10:34 AM
Not to mention that kid that put her In the nationals and that kid that spanked the WOO In the Fox 53. BC & Bell🍻🍻🏁🏁
wbr (Offline)
  #9 10/19/14 10:41 AM
Isn't there a "For Sale" section on IOW Forums?
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #10 10/19/14 10:42 AM
"THE KING", Steve Kinser was very good with both!!!