IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th
3/15/11, 3:28 PM   #11
Re: No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th
axsom#11

Chill out people , the season will be here soon. It is a hard place for big rig to wiggle in to and it is by the creek , and it is march . I'm one of the first ones that want to race but a couple a more weeks and things will be lot better . Give them time to get the track in great shape. Hard to work on a flooded race track with the water cresting 100 ' away from the track. Sorry don't want to be negetive about opening practice . Would like to See Sprints race weekly there , bigger races in there,and a weekly sunday night show, its a beautiful place around there . You have that country setting there ,Its like going back in time when you drive into the place ,reminds me of the tracks when I first started going to the races years ago, its great . Would be a great place to run on Sunday nights. With Kokomo I think being the only place in a 150 miles running on sunday , could draw some big crowds after a few weeks of running and people talking about it. Would get 35 sprints and a lot of support class racers very sunday night and a big crowd

3/15/11, 3:33 PM   #12
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsom#11 View Post
Chill out people , the season will be here soon. It is a hard place for big rig to wiggle in to and it is by the creek , and it is march . I'm one of the first ones that want to race but a couple a more weeks and things will be lot better . Give them time to get the track in great shape. Hard to work on a flooded race track with the water cresting 100 ' away from the track. Sorry don't want to be negetive about opening practice . Would like to See Sprints race weekly there , bigger races in there,and a weekly sunday night show, its a beautiful place around there . You have that country setting there ,Its like going back in time when you drive into the place ,reminds me of the tracks when I first started going to the races years ago, its great . Would be a great place to run on Sunday nights. With Kokomo I think being the only place in a 150 miles running on sunday , could draw some big crowds after a few weeks of running and people talking about it. Would get 35 sprints and a lot of support class racers very sunday night and a big crowd
If you think they would get 35 sprint cars on sundays nights I have same land in the Everglades you might be interested in. Maybe for a big money show once but not every week, 20 maybe 25 if they are lucky and many less after sprintweek. There is not enough $ out there for that many to run 3 nights a week.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3/15/11, 3:51 PM   #13
axsom#11

You may be right , with the economy being the shape its in . If you ran 3 to 4 big show and then weeklys , you would start getting car in . Southern indiana boys have to drive way up north to run on sunday , when they could run in there own area , and save a bunch on GAS money . Just a thought

3/15/11, 10:41 PM   #14
racephoto1

Hoover, If Kokomo doesn't run in August I'd like to see North Vernon run a couple Sundays then.Be fun to see the turnout.

3/15/11, 11:25 PM   #15
lovindirt

It is very much in the top 3; for tracks for me, and I really don't care how hard and dry slick it gets, seems to be less wrecks on a smooth dry slick one at least thats what I have noticed over the years. Some screw up but really not to many. Sh-- happens you know. But anyways I really wish they had a weekly sprint program also, but fuel is really killing every one of us. Even the ones who use it daily as a fuel on the job. You can only raise your prices so much then they start balking. I really wish these places would lower the gates and see if the crowds and cars come back any at all.. One week of trying to get them back won't get it. They have to know that the promotor is really trying to help with out cutting his own throat. I think 25 30 and 35 is crazy.. I remember Jack Hewitt getting mad at GC because gate was so high and he won feature and drove off track backwards without stopping to get his trophy and speak.. Wow! some mad people. Not to mention any more names. But that made for an interesting evening.
Jeff
Mason run you a tile ditch every 50 foot across the pits and dump it into the creek and put stone over the tile after ditching and it will do wonders for the pits. Just a suggestion. Not that we would travel 3 hours to do it. But I'm sure their is a ditcher close bye who would willingly do it..

3/17/11, 3:18 PM   #16
rdzsprint

Probably afraid they wouldn't have any dust. On Wednesday I drove through the Muscatatuck River bottoms on the way to the track,crossed the river at 6 different locations, and the water level was down 8 to 10 feet from the top of the banks at Euler's Ford which is way below the track. Water wasn't even muddy,sandbars had dried up, and the water depth under the bridge looked to be only about 2 or 3ft. and you could see the bottom with ease. It's quite possible that with all the sun, wind and steep banking that the track surface could need watering by today. Pits could be wet, but it's about a 20-30ft drop off of turn 1 to the river. If the infield had any water it could have been pumped out days ago. Management's call, they can cancel all the races if they choose to. Cancelling a whole week in advance seems a little premature though.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th