IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown Nightly Highlights Video?
8/25/12, 2:02 PM   #31
Re: Smackdown Nightly Highlights Video?
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

The big concern needs to be how it affects the front gate. If any promoter doesn't make money, purses will suffer or worse yet, tracks won't take this kind of a gamble. So at what cost do you as a fan want to see happen? Being first to post some youtube video that hurts not only the professionals that have abided by the tracks request not to post, damages the potential of a bigger crowd that could cause this event to not happen again or causing the teams to race for a lesser purse because the crowd is sitting at home waiting for your video? Is this so hard to see?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/25/12, 2:08 PM   #32
1fastGRT

I'll admit to being one the the losers sitting at the computer waiting for videos and updates.....because I am in Pennsylvania. Sites like Jackslash have brought access to the best racing in the world to other areas who don't get to see what Indiana has to offer in person very often.

8/25/12, 2:36 PM   #33
spicoli

I think some people are not considering a different point of view.

I had heard for several years about how great Gas City was.

Then I saw a video of a feature there. The next spring, I made the trip and I go back at least once a year now.

You should understand that videos also create fan interest.

If I had not seen that video, I would not have made the effort to go and see it for myself.

1 member likes this post: BrandonT30
8/25/12, 3:26 PM   #34
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
I think some people are not considering a different point of view.

I had heard for several years about how great Gas City was.

Then I saw a video of a feature there. The next spring, I made the trip and I go back at least once a year now.

You should understand that videos also create fan interest.

If I had not seen that video, I would not have made the effort to go and see it for myself.
I understand your point of view. I am sure that seeing a full length feature video could entice folks to plan a trip to that speedway in the future. However, for a large, multi day event, we certainly don't need "immediate" video posted to damage the front gate, which in turn also causes issues with possible lower purse payout to the teams and undercutting the professional video people who have agreed not to post during the entire event. Highlight video clips are one thing, full feature video's are quite another.

I would like to think that this "early" video will bring in an additional 1000 paying custmers to the Kokomo Speedway. With that being said, I am realistic enough to know that probably won't happen.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/25/12, 3:44 PM   #35
Koonzee

Next year show it live PPV with Kokomo getting full ticket price from each viewer.(It's worth it)Then only the cheap freebies would be out.

Bottom line .Everyone on here is a good racefan. Just some of you need to choose your vacation time better. Kokomo Smackdown,Indiana Sprintweek,then Disneyland.

Damn glad I dumped Iowa for Kokomo this year!

As for this year.Watch it Sunday and think of it as a first day release.
Last edited by Koonzee; 8/25/12 at 4:25 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk
8/25/12, 4:32 PM   #36
ThePurple73

I think by offering live video you are creating AND keeping interest alive in the sport. On bigger events like this why not open it live to any video website provider and make a deal to give the track a cut. I would pay full price per night and I am sure many others would also. USAC is gaining due to keeping interest up. Fans that are going to attend are going to attend or not. Let the video companies store it also so a person can watch later. Maybe racers and their families, and others would subscribe and watch later.

I subscribe to the whole season at Perris and it is GREAT. They make some money they wouldn't normally make and the Indiana tracks could do the same.

Its time to get with it. It would be better to get something set up with video companies now before the day comes when almost anyone can broadcast live from phones, their watch, data cap, or what ever.

The excitement of "being there" is never going to be replaced by video feeds, but it is a great way to keep fans connected to the sport.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 8/25/12 at 4:34 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown Nightly Highlights Video?