IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #21 7/30/08 10:29 PM
Personally I think Tony is nothing less than human and a extremely competitive one at that. Nobody gave him nothin. He earned it as with a few others. Edwards ect.

I've seen him from get away to having kids sit on his lap and signing graphs for people he knew were going to sell em. I've seen him get bossy with track owners dictating they do something and I've also seen him laughing and joking with people.

This is no excuse for what he did but most of his outburst are factual at least as he believes they are. In this case belieing his driver had two laps to return.

The man bought a neighbor a electric wheelchair and all the ramps van and such he needed to keep from having to move to a nursing home. He gives tens of millions to charity and other organizations ect.

No. I don't excuse his actions but Unlike you, I accept a apology over a missunderstanding and over reaction.

If you want to get back at tony. Write a paper mail to his sponsors, All this stirs is a big pot of muck.
Chuck

Charles Nungester
BuckWheat
  #22 7/30/08 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by deannalynn:
Dear Mr. Stewart,

Were you ever a human being? Did you ever have a conscience? What happened to you that turned you into this thing that you have become? You will be barely a footnote in human history 50 years from now, but you live as though you are some immortal that has come to bless us all with your aggression, violence and sexism. Do you have a mortal soul? If so, do you care about it? Have you sought spiritual counsel of some kind? If not, please do so soon; if not your own sake, for the thousands who look up to you.

Sincerely yours,

Deanna
Just noticed you modified your original post there sweetie, what's up with that?
Didn't like having your full name out there?
oops!:moon:

Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by deannalynn
Dear Mr. Stewart,

Were you ever a human being? Did you ever have a conscience? What happened to you that turned you into this thing that you have become? You will be barely a footnote in human history 50 years from now, but you live as though you are some immortal that has come to bless us all with your aggression, violence and sexism. Do you have a mortal soul? If so, do you care about it? Have you sought spiritual counsel of some kind? If not, please do so soon; if not your own sake, for the thousands who look up to you.

Sincerely yours,

Deanna Lynn Erickson
Indianapolis, IN
randyrad (Offline)
  #23 7/30/08 10:52 PM
(from Psychobabble 101) : Interesting how once regular folks deal with the pressure & stress that come with fame & success.

Some go "hollywood", wall themselves off with handlers & "suits," & never look back, other than to stroke an occasional check.

Others, when the pressure of the limelight makes them miserable, return to their roots & try to do things that benefit those who are trying to survive & chase a dream, as they once did.

That's why I'll always pull for Schraeder, Stewart, Edwards & all the others who are following their lead, remembering where they came from, & trying to give something back. American originals.
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #24 7/30/08 11:38 PM
For someone who was on here a few months ago looking for a job in the racing community....not a real smart move on your part. I think you have seen your error and that is why you have edited your post.
Larryoracing (Offline)
  #25 7/31/08 2:56 AM
I missed the incident at the most recent USAC Show, but I have heard
of famous people at our local track trying to strangle a competitor.

Tempers do flare and racing seems to bring out the best of us and the worst.

I think Tony has finally hit the pinacle of his racing career by owing a Nascar
Nextel Cup Team.

1) I think you will see less outbursts of Anger and Frustration.

a) I think we see less of that now, with AJ Foyt. Time does
make men out of boys.

2) As far as Tony goes he does have temper and that is good. And when
it's bad, it gets a lot of attention. If you are a winner, it's tolerated. If
you are a looser you are thrown out of the track.

3) But one thing is for certain, they will always let you back next week.

a) They always have and they always will.:rolling

Larry "O"
Closed Thread