IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts
8/27/17, 11:10 PM   #1
Smackdown thoughts
Tumey's 55

Haven't posted much in the last year because I moved to NC and don't like to comment when I don't attend. I will see only 4 sprint races this year, the 4 during Smackdown. What a great event. As a former 20 year Kokomo resident it is great to see the track and this event thrive. I watched the track go through tough times in the late 90's to early 2000's when car counts were low and attendance was terrible. Amazing turnaround provided by the O'Connors. So, when I see someone complain about parking or track prep or that you can't bring in drinks I can only shake my head. I say enjoy, take advantage of the opportunity to see a track well run with great racing...it may not always be this way. It was tremendous to see the place full on Wednesday and equally disappointing to see it less than full Thursday and Friday. Good crowd on Saturday. I hope support continues, selfishly, so I can continue to attend and thoroughly enjoy a great event like Smackdown. I continue to follow open wheel racing through this website and enjoy most of the posts...for the complainers, well thank your lucky stars you have something to complain about. I thought Kokomo speedway was toast at one point, there were lots of complaints about Gas City stands and we see what happened there.

8/28/17, 7:39 PM   #2
PIT CART

When it comes to the parking and camping complaints, most are selfish fans. They painted lines on the grounds and some people still took up two spots.

4 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, fish, Jbaldwin, nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts