IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > is the Burg running
9/17/16, 9:45 PM   #31
Gregg

Red for Moffatt in turn two wall. He is out of the car.

Trannyman, from what I understand. A car has two minutes to change a tire and get back on the track. Anything else an Charles could tell you.

L5 Bilbee,Andretti, Westerfeld, Hery. Hughes to fifth, Beauchamp to 4th
Last edited by Gregg; 9/17/16 at 9:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
9/17/16, 9:54 PM   #32
Gregg

Yellow Lap 10. Ligouri lost wheel after contact with another car.

Green with Andretti in front.

9/17/16, 10:04 PM   #33
Gregg

Another red. Bilbee got sideways,wheelies and lands on Beauchamp. Both are okay. Lap 20.

Strange night. A push truck ran over the right rear of Briggs car. Beauchamp changing a tire. Hughes out of race.

Andretti Westerfeld Abrams

9/17/16, 10:07 PM   #34
Gregg

Westerfeld wins. Last corner drag race with Andretti.

.038 sec, margin of victory.

Abrams Abel Hupp Hery. Beauchamp Briggs Clarkson and Giddens rounds out the top ten, the only cars still running.

Congrats to Andretti. He has really improved this year.
Last edited by Gregg; 9/17/16 at 10:12 PM.

9/18/16, 12:40 AM   #35
Re: is the Burg running
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushinthecushin View Post
That's why they are asking what's actually happening at the track you *****. Some of you idiots who always have to say something sarcastic is pathetic.

You wanna lob insults, Lob em to my face. Thats all I gotta say about that. You might also wanna read the site rules.

Im sorry if I sounded sarcastic. I was just trying to give people info on a race that was more likely to happen than not. The forecast was bad but what was actually happening was far different.
I was trying to give my best info on what was actually happening with the weather vs what the forecast said . I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I was reading the radar, Was it getting better or worse? What was most likely to happen? Was there anything definite that would be a problem? (Not sarcastically, I was right and would have felt bad if a storm had popped up.)

I also gave the latest update on what the track posted, That they were still on. I left soon afterward. I also said in each post get official info from the track, not me..

That being said, Turned out to be a great night at the track, breeze on our back and champions on the track.
Photo finish as Westerfeld drag raced Andretti from turn four to the line and won by three one thousands of a second. I even had to check the scoring tower to believe it. Had some full moon stuff go on tonight. Bilbee looping it in four, doing a piroette and landing on the oncoming Beauchamp who was running solidly in fourth. Beauchamp was able to continue.

Mods, David Spille went into the feature with a five point lead. Was comfortably four or five positions ahead of Kincaid battling with smith for 9 of the first 13 laps over second place racing side by side. on lap 13 something clearly broke and Spille went hard into the wall in three. He was shaken up. Kincaid won the championship.

Dave had the track very nice IMHO, Amazing considering the weather situation and lack of a floater pack and water truck.,

JJ Hughes was flying in the feature coming from deep up to top five, fell back a couple on one restart, gained back to sixth and had a RR go flat under another red.

Grasshopper award tonight went to Logan Hupp!

Had a great night, Thanks to the staff and racers for another great season!

Oh and I got my Kelly hug tonight, So that makes everything right.

That being said, its' the last time I try to help, share info. Probably only posting share in convo with friends still posting (Many do not anymore) and congratulate people.
Sorry if I came off sounding wrong, Sometimes the written word is either written in the wrong way, or taken the wrong way.

See you at the tracks.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/18/16 at 1:18 AM.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, mc/rider, RacinBabe
9/18/16, 12:49 AM   #36
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
Hey Gregg,you're at the track and seem knowledgeable.just asking.can a car leave the track under a red.make repairs and return?
No work can go on under red, But when the yellow is flown, You can go to the work area (Staging road to track) Once you get there. driving or pushed, you got two minutes. This is for a tire change only (I think) and for the feature only.

9/18/16, 9:44 AM   #37
trannyman

Thanks for the clarification AND your updates.we were sitting right out of turn four.during a red,watched a car get pushed out the line up opening,and return to track during mentioned red.yes,he started at the back but sounds like a violation of the rules.Thanks again for your weather update.helped us choose our decision when heading out to the track last night.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
9/18/16, 10:35 AM   #38
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification AND your updates.we were sitting right out of turn four.during a red,watched a car get pushed out the line up opening,and return to track during mentioned red.yes,he started at the back but sounds like a violation of the rules.Thanks again for your weather update.helped us choose our decision when heading out to the track last night.
No problem. Glad you had fun. Photo finish

Im not totally clear on the rule. I think it was Able that went up in the push off lane, Don't know about a violation. if they waited to change the tire till the yellow came out. Im not totally clear on the rule. Just that you are are given two laps to change a tire as long as you make it to the work area and that times starts when you arive if the cars are under yellow.

Big Congrats to Shawn Westerfeld. Showed a lot of maturity running different lines and finding a way!

Big Congrats to Jared Andretti, John and Grandpa Aldo, Well deserved Championship, Couple wins, mostly seconds and top fives. That's how it's done!

Don't know what the track will choose but Abrams IMHO was most improved, Almost always up front with a chance to win. Jordan Kinser and Nick Bilbee also ran very well here with Jordon grabbing a win a couple races back in a stout field.

Again, sorry for sounding sarcastic, I kinda took it wrong with people saying IT's going to storm twice not good and the forecast says no. Just wanted people to be able to see a race that was more likely to happen than not. Turned into a beautiful night.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/18/16 at 10:37 AM.

9/18/16, 1:11 PM   #39
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
There was no rule violation. In the feature as long as your car is in the work area you can work on it. It doesn't matter if the track is green, yellow or red.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cmiracingvids, PIT CART, tirespinner
9/18/16, 4:45 PM   #40
trannyman

Thanks.that's why I asked."learn as you go".

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > is the Burg running