Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Online)
  #1 3/12/22 5:16 PM
Terre Haute Action Track
Terre Haute, Indiana

Track - http://terrehauteactiontrack.net/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/terrehauteactiontrack

2022 Schedule

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
19 Likes: 95KART, bighd0522, Blackduce, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Dirt Trackker, erich45, ginblueearth, jonboat15, kcarm92, LUCKYONE, openwheelfan1, oppweld, SpfldMile, tirespinner, TNRustler, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #2 3/12/22 7:52 PM
That last date is an interesting one. The USAC schedule has the sprinters at Circle City Raceway that night.

http://www.usacracing.com/schedule-a...ational-sprint

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #3 3/13/22 9:01 AM
Gonna skip all these. Starting at 5pm with multiple support classes just doesn’t sound good.
2 Likes: Indy1808, ISF
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #4 3/13/22 11:13 AM
think that 5 start time is wrong and since guys are putting money into thew old place everyone should go support it, or don't complain when it's gone, jmo
27 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, hairracer44, Hustlin-Hoosier, jonboat15, Leohr46, luckybuc97, nedra_bahler_835@com, Oleman61x, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, RedRacer07, Rochesterdj, Scott Daloisio, Speedmax3, spicoli, sw1911, tirespinner, TNRustler, trackprep, Will Shunk
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 3/13/22 12:46 PM
I do hope it is one support class a night. On a track like Terre Haute it is tough to run more than one.
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Indy1808, oppweld, sw1911, tirespinner
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #6 3/13/22 1:54 PM
Originally Posted by kcarm92:
think that 5 start time is wrong and since guys are putting money into thew old place everyone should go support it, or don't complain when it's gone, jmo
Hope you’re right about the time being wrong and the Sept. 16th date has USAC sprints at Circle City so I wonder if anything about this schedule is valid. I’ve been to THAT when they tried to start at 5 and it didn’t go too well and that was on central time. Eastern time makes it even worse. Also, installing high guard rails instead of a catch fence is a bad idea to me with driver safety in mind. I would much rather flip into a fence than a guardrail and I’m afraid we’re about to see why. I get your point about supporting the track but I will not blindly follow someone who is about to lead me off a cliff.
2 Likes: Indy1808, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #7 3/13/22 2:28 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
Also, installing high guard rails instead of a catch fence is a bad idea to me with driver safety in mind. I would much rather flip into a fence than a guardrail and I’m afraid we’re about to see why. I get your point about supporting the track but I will not blindly follow someone who is about to lead me off a cliff.
Well Ballou approves of the improvements. That doesn't mean he's always right or perfect, but I'm sure there was input that went into the decision and not just from the Madman.

https://twitter.com/robertballou81/s...C5vcv3qNkpAAAA

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #8 3/13/22 3:24 PM
when they have had mscs, Indiana late models ,and mods that's 3 classes and it ran off pretty smooth, I say give them a chance and see how it goes
13 Likes: Big Mike 7, bighd0522, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier, Leohr46, nathans1012, Oleman61x, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, RedRacer07, tirespinner
brown11b (Offline)
  #9 3/13/22 4:04 PM
Terre Haute has a noise curfew for the track. They are not running late
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #10 3/13/22 4:56 PM
Knox and Port both have the high guard rails, seems to work fine

If Reece is prepping the track, I see no problem on start times. They'll probably have to take a twenty minute break half hour before sunset anyway unless it's cloudy.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld