IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > King Sammy XXIX
7/14/12, 11:47 PM   #1
King Sammy XXIX
treecitytornado

It was Slammin Sammy Swindell winning his 3rd King's Royal tonight in one hell of a race throughout the entire field! He was crowned by Doug Wolfgang!
Kerry Madsen 2nd and Jac Haudenschild 3rd. Awesome broadcast once again on Dirtvision! Can't wait to see it on Speed very soon!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/15/12, 11:22 AM   #2
Re: King Sammy XXIX
Chubs Peterson

Sure was a great show. Madsen was coming with 10 laps to go and I thought tried his slider about a lap or two early. Wasnt near close enough to try it and still had 5 laps to go. Easy for me to say but he looked faster at that point, but Sammy seemed to find another gear after that. May have been the biggest sprint car crowd ever at Eldora. There were a boatload of people there and probably rivaled the World 100. Great time.

3 members like this post: Black Deuce, Gee2, team3521
7/16/12, 1:44 PM   #3
team3521

I really wish Madsen would have got him. I hate sammy and I always will! I loved it last year when he lost the LR tire. HA! couldn't have happened to a better guy.

1 member likes this post: ChadSmith
7/16/12, 2:03 PM   #4
treecitytornado

I know a lot of people dislike Sammy. I was a big fan since I was a little kid, when he drove the Old Milwaukee car. The Outlaws aren't the same without Wolfgang and they sure won't be the same without Steve and Sammy! It was awesome to see and hear the WOLF again at the Big E too!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/18/12, 8:20 AM   #5
Motormasher

Way to go SLAMIN SAMMY
Congrats to Terry & Jac

Posted via Mobile Device

7/18/12, 12:25 PM   #6
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
It was Slammin Sammy Swindell winning his 3rd King's Royal tonight in one hell of a race throughout the entire field! He was crowned by Doug Wolfgang!
Kerry Madsen 2nd and Jac Haudenschild 3rd. Awesome broadcast once again on Dirtvision! Can't wait to see it on Speed very soon!

Posted via Mobile Device
While the speed and the sound of those high $$$$ motors was incredible, I didn't see the same racing some of you saw. Almost every heat on both Friday and Saturday seemed like the cars had sensors on them that kept them about 150 to 200 ft apart all of the way around the track after the first couple of laps. The only thing that made the Friday feature even remotely interesting was lapped traffic allowing some of the leaders close up. The only really significant passing on Saturday seemed to be on the double file restarts. I might be wrong but, I don't remember a pass for the lead under racing conditions after the start/restarts. The actual racing was disappointing at best. However, we did camp from Friday to Sunday with some friends and had a great time and.......after all, it was openwheel racing!!!! Over all, I'm glad I went.

2 members like this post: mowerman, team3521
7/18/12, 1:31 PM   #7
Flatrightrear

The track was great and the racing exciting Sat. night. Tim Kaeding was awesome in his heat race. There doesn't have to be a pass for the lead to be a great race. Kraig Kinser motored up to the top five from the last row and Madsen got under Sammy a few times to really keep things interesting. The weather was great, too. I hadn't been to the King's Royal in a while and my friend and I had a ball. He had never been to Eldora before and he enjoyed the racing and watching the crowd as well. What a party!

7/19/12, 11:44 AM   #8
sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
While the speed and the sound of those high $$$$ motors was incredible, I didn't see the same racing some of you saw. Almost every heat on both Friday and Saturday seemed like the cars had sensors on them that kept them about 150 to 200 ft apart all of the way around the track after the first couple of laps. The only thing that made the Friday feature even remotely interesting was lapped traffic allowing some of the leaders close up. The only really significant passing on Saturday seemed to be on the double file restarts. I might be wrong but, I don't remember a pass for the lead under racing conditions after the start/restarts. The actual racing was disappointing at best. However, we did camp from Friday to Sunday with some friends and had a great time and.......after all, it was openwheel racing!!!! Over all, I'm glad I went.
Cecil, you're right - you must not have been watching the same race as everyone else. I just re-watched their highlight video - I see LOTS of passing. Short of a photo finish or last lap pass, I don't know how much more you could want.

3 members like this post: Russ, spicoli, team3521
7/19/12, 6:25 PM   #9
Chubs Peterson

You beat me to it. Had to be the best Kings Royal yet. I was there and there was a lot going on all over the track.

7/19/12, 7:26 PM   #10
nowings

I thought Fridays feature was good. Greg Wilson from 20th to 2nd , and Tim Shaffer from 21st to 6 th not bad either .

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > King Sammy XXIX