IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown abomination
9/27/09, 5:53 AM   #1
4 crown abomination
racephoto1

If you didn't go this is what you missed. Suites, new fence, billboards. Too bad the surface sucks so much. Eldora USED to be a helluva race track.

9/27/09, 7:57 AM   #2
Re: 4 crown abomination
Need For Speed

Looks like 'typical' Eldora.

The unholy dust started when they hauled in the new clay a few years ago. The place hasn't been worth a damn at all since.

The first race of that year was a Outlaw show, and was run close to the inside wall (looked like an indoor race) and then USAC ran the moto-cross race.

But hey, look at all of the improvements Tony and Larry Kemp have made at Eldora
Last edited by Need For Speed; 9/27/09 at 8:43 AM.

9/27/09, 8:45 AM   #3
nowings

I could not see them ,but the first two features sounded ok!

9/27/09, 8:46 AM   #4
Panama

I gotta believe we will see more "new" clay next year, hopefully it will be "real" clay.
I can't imagine leaving the track as is, and making all the improvements everywhere else.
Time will tell.

9/27/09, 9:58 AM   #5
mermaid

Interestingly, if you strolled around the pits all day / night, you learned a few things. USAC was throwing a fit all day and not letting the Eldora track crew prep and maintain the track like they are really good at again. If you come to other races, you can see how good it's been lately. I have never seen such an unprofessional, disorganized group as I did in USAC yesterday. Unfortunately, Eldora is going to take the blame for this. I wish Tony would have been there to shove another official.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Stagger
9/27/09, 10:30 AM   #6
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Want to be carefull what you say.there are some on here that would tell you that usac had nothing to do with it.
It was a dust bowl from the first 6 midgets that got on the track for hot laps.Rumor has it that as soon as the season is finished the track will be tore up ,dug down & some new blue clay added --- we will see. ---

9/27/09, 11:15 AM   #7
bahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Interestingly, if you strolled around the pits all day / night, you learned a few things. USAC was throwing a fit all day and not letting the Eldora track crew prep and maintain the track like they are really good at again. If you come to other races, you can see how good it's been lately. I have never seen such an unprofessional, disorganized group as I did in USAC yesterday. Unfortunately, Eldora is going to take the blame for this. I wish Tony would have been there to shove another official.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is not a unique problem, the track was bad for the Kings Royal and World 100 as well.

9/27/09, 11:24 AM   #8
thebus79h

Only difference with the other two is they took rubber. I was there Friday for the rain deal and that was expected. Nothing anybody could do about that, and the race wasn't all that terrible. But Saturday, there was absolutely not one excuse for dust to be flying in the first session of midget hotlaps. Dustiest racetrack I've ever been to by a long shot. When you can't see the leaders from the main grandstands something is wrong. So I don't know who to blame for that.

I also heard that timing and scoring went kaputt during sprint qualifying, and a few guys got into the heats that shouldn't have due to that.

And it's been a while since I've been to a USAC race, but have they group qualified all year? Cause boy do I really hate that since it literally takes no less time to do it than single.

9/27/09, 11:41 AM   #9
tqracer65

Yes the track was dusty but sitting in turn 3 area the racing was still good all night. How about that run by shane hmiel in the crown car looked like the rearend got broke when he smacked the wall coming out of 2 (jacobs ladder what they run maybe never looked close). Nice run for him to hold on to 2nd.

9/27/09, 11:44 AM   #10
kawkaw2

Anybody have the finish for the Silver Crown race. Haven't seen it posted anywhere.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown abomination