IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Backstretch
9/5/19, 11:52 PM   #21
Re: BC39 Backstretch
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I meant if you had to sit on the outside of turn three big track.
They didnt try to sell seats there this year. You would have needed more than goggles you would have needed a telescope

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: Adolph, Charles Nungester, flagboy55
9/6/19, 8:24 AM   #22
popham

If the track is staying it sure would be nice if they could put some pit bleachers up and a PA system in the pits! They gave each car 2 passes so the people in the pits with the car could walk a 1/4 mile to watch that car only when it was on the track, I think after hearing people complain they did back off from monitoring who was on the platform at the south end of the track. And when the Jumbotron was not working Wednesday night, at least we got to watch the races on our phones on Flo from the pits! Looking a lot like an outdoor version of a little race out in Tulsa in January

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/6/19, 10:58 AM   #23
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
It wasnt sardines last night or at either race last year. Sightlines are very good no need for goggles.
John,

Please let me know where your seats were so I can buy seats in that area. Our seats in Section 8 were sardines and the sight lines on homestretch were obstructed and we stood the entire 39 laps of the feature.

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: bvall24, Charles Nungester, jim goerge, Static
9/6/19, 11:02 AM   #24
The Old Coyote

For what it is worth, I just measured the track on Google Maps and it came out as .14 miles around the inside, .18 around the middle and .22 around the outside.

I measured the inside and outside longitudinal and transverse axis several times and averaged them out, then assumed (I know ASS U ME) the corners to be true 180° arcs.

I found it interesting that Google Maps shows the haulers and cars in the pits.

9/6/19, 11:22 AM   #25
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
John,

Please let me know where your seats were so I can buy seats in that area. Our seats in Section 8 were sardines and the sight lines on homestretch were obstructed and we stood the entire 39 laps of the feature.

Bruce Eckel
Section 5 about halfway up. I'll admit this year it was a little tighter on the 2nd night. No problem at all the first night. There were whole rows open at the bottom though.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/6/19, 12:46 PM   #26
JakeCroxton

MOWA...Macon Speedway...25L caution-free...Danny Smith over Robbie Standridge...nothing is impossible lol...

9/6/19, 1:15 PM   #27
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Our seats in Section 8 were sardines and the sight lines on homestretch were obstructed and we stood the entire 39 laps of the feature.

Bruce Eckel
I agree on the frontstretch sightlines. I think the entire grandstand needs moved back about 10-20 yards so that when you look at the frontstretch you are not seeing everyone's heads in front of you, the folks sitting on the walkway (handicap seating), and the grandstand railing.

As far as everybody standing....

3 members like this post: racefan20, Static, WinglessLovers
9/6/19, 1:26 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't see No real $$*$# Roy, I see some legit issues that need addressed. Ain't nobody's mad they are racing at IMS. A big thanks to all involved.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/8/19 at 11:22 AM.

9/6/19, 1:43 PM   #29
bvall24

Race Count This Year: 17

They should have, and need to, make an announcement telling everybody to sit down during racing. We stood for the entire feature. And it makes it difficult for shorter people to see and handicap people to stand that long. It was some good racing, but wish I could’ve seen the front stretch.

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, sc17x, Static
9/6/19, 8:09 PM   #30
Static

They announced last year to sit down. Doug Boles would welcome our comments. So please let him know of the inability of seeing a race that we paid a pretty penny for.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC39 Backstretch