IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night Camera
12/8/19, 10:18 AM   #1
Turkey Night Camera
Beinthecircle

After seeing the video of Tyler Courtney’s reaction after flipping at Turkey Night, it has me wondering. Was that video from a track worker wearing a go pro? If so, what is the point of them wearing cameras? If it wasn’t from a track worker, what is the point of running on the track with the camera rolling? !!!This post is not for people to argue about what Tyler said, I’m just trying to figure out where this video is from.!!! Thank you.

**Cue the people that immediately make a comment about what Tyler said and how it was good/bad.

2 members like this post: dirtball, tirespinner
12/8/19, 12:57 PM   #2
Re: Turkey Night Camera
hairracer44

Do you have a link to the video you are talking about. I don't think I have seen the video, I watched on Flo and not sure if I just missed the video.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART, spicoli
12/9/19, 12:25 PM   #3
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
Do you have a link to the video you are talking about. I don't think I have seen the video, I watched on Flo and not sure if I just missed the video.
It went around social media; it was video from a track worker or first responder or something. First words you hear is the worker saying "You ok, Tyler?" Tyler pops out and says "F this race track". Track worker/responder says come on it's rained for 2 days.

So now why did this person have a running camera to an accident scene. If he is a general track worker, I don't see a point. If he is a genuine first responder then video could be used for training or evaluation of what to improve when responding to a bad situation in racing. Which would be great IMO.

But, instead you can only assume this video went out to get views for whoever took it, and/or to some reason smear Sunshine for being upset at a very rough track and getting in a wreck.

Now the other thing to ask is; they got 2 days of rain, doesn't appear the track owns a sheep's foot so what they had is what they had. So is the race we got better than no race. I feel like many fans will say yes. And if I was there I may vote yes. BUT from the comfort of my own home watching the track condition I think no race would have been better. Because it really wasn't a race it was a game of jump the potholes, and it tore stuff up. My question is, why was Saturday night not an option to give the track an additional day to dry and crew the day to pack it in?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/9/19, 1:05 PM   #4
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
It went around social media; it was video from a track worker or first responder or something. First words you hear is the worker saying "You ok, Tyler?" Tyler pops out and says "F this race track". Track worker/responder says come on it's rained for 2 days.

So now why did this person have a running camera to an accident scene. If he is a general track worker, I don't see a point. If he is a genuine first responder then video could be used for training or evaluation of what to improve when responding to a bad situation in racing. Which would be great IMO.

But, instead you can only assume this video went out to get views for whoever took it, and/or to some reason smear Sunshine for being upset at a very rough track and getting in a wreck.

Now the other thing to ask is; they got 2 days of rain, doesn't appear the track owns a sheep's foot so what they had is what they had. So is the race we got better than no race. I feel like many fans will say yes. And if I was there I may vote yes. BUT from the comfort of my own home watching the track condition I think no race would have been better. Because it really wasn't a race it was a game of jump the potholes, and it tore stuff up. My question is, why was Saturday night not an option to give the track an additional day to dry and crew the day to pack it in?
Pretty sure the forecast was rain for Saturday and Sunday

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

12/9/19, 6:06 PM   #5
jonboat15

I was watching from home but I was glad to see the race happen. I've seen Ventura get rough but not quite like it was for this years GP. As a fan I liked it, everyone had to race on the same track, rough and choppy and even some whoop de doos. The track was good enough to race on and that's what they did. Makes me think about some of the old Thunder days from there.
Last edited by jonboat15; 12/9/19 at 6:08 PM.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, davidm, flagboy55, jim goerge
12/10/19, 9:31 AM   #6
ThrowbackRacingTeam

The great Stan Fox used to say, "The rougher the better!" A true legend.

12/10/19, 12:15 PM   #7
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Not too many people work harder to run a racetrack than Jim Naylor, and he's gotten mid-show grooming down to an art form, getting out during intermission and running the grader himself. The problem is, the track is literally a stone's throw from the Pacific Ocean and the water table is probably above the level of the track surface after a heavy deluge, especially at high tide; this is something that tracks in the middle of the continent never have to deal with. I don't think a sheep's foot would really have helped all that much. Props to Jimmy for doing what he had to do to get the show in, even laying tarps down to try to save the racing surface. I don't think I've ever seen that before...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 12/10/19 at 12:20 PM.

6 members like this post: billw, flagboy55, jim goerge, oldfan49, PJ Wright, RockinRy
12/10/19, 12:25 PM   #8
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I should also mention that the Ventura river is hard off the back of the grandstands to the north of the Fairgrounds, coming down out of the foothills from Ojai. Granted it's just a trickle most of the time but I've also seen motorhomes floating under the US 101 bridge and out to sea (along with boulders the size of houses from 50 miles upstream), so water management is definitely an issue when things turn stormy on the coast.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge
12/10/19, 12:56 PM   #9
RockinRy

Race Count This Year: 12

It's track guy's Go Pro. I'm not even a Tyler fan but what do you expect him to say after he just flipped

Twitter Video https://twitter.com/JohnnyWingo/stat...963187200?s=20

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/10/19, 4:01 PM   #10
jim goerge

Is everybody upset cuz of what Tyler said,or what. The guy just flipped his butt off what you expect him to say, Oh goodness that was fun. C"mon give the guy a break . If that been me you"d still have your finger on the blip button
Last edited by jim goerge; 12/10/19 at 4:04 PM.

6 members like this post: davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, Joekocjan, oldfan49, PIT CART, RedRacer07
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Turkey Night Camera