IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown 11
8/29/22, 12:13 PM   #1
Smackdown 11
duel

I would like to wish Brent G some good health as he could only make the 1st night. One of the ambassadors of the place. I thought it was a big success. Good car counts each night and good crowds. That is a fast 3 days. Lots of good people you run across. Congrats to Kyle Cummins for putting a whippin on the field.

8/29/22, 12:26 PM   #2
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Nice post there Duel...just got off the phone with him, still battling but he's got a good attitude about it. Only thing I can really add to your post, went by way too dang fast haha. Definitely some high quality racing, great for Kyle and his team. Bad luck for some other guys, Scotty and Brandon especially. Hopefully Korbyn will bounce back too.

8/30/22, 9:00 AM   #3
The55

One add, attendance was very good. Great to see this event supported well.

8/30/22, 1:09 PM   #4
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by The55 View Post
One add, attendance was very good. Great to see this event supported well.
Agreed. Best Thursday night crowd yet IMHO. Friday was pretty full with Saturday even more so.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, flagboy55, racenut69, tirespinner
8/30/22, 3:24 PM   #5
Re: Smackdown 11
revjimk

Damn..... I wouldn't wish Funk's health issues on anyone...
Hang in there Brent!!!

8/30/22, 8:24 PM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Damn..... I wouldn't wish Funk's health issues on anyone...
Hang in there Brent!!!
Brent went home today.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

8/30/22, 9:02 PM   #7
duel

I liked that is was only usac sprints. It put more focus and story lines on the drivers. I also thought the sponsor board at the entrance for the lap money was a class thing.

9/2/22, 3:42 PM   #8
flagboy55

Overall a great event. I was only able to make Friday and Saturday. Was surely disappointed my buddy Brent was unable to make it and Stevensville Mike as well. In spite of that we made the best of it which wasn’t hard to do. Got to catch up with Yeleyfan76 nodramazone20, and KO for some great conversation and spirited debate. Got to talk to duel some and meet me a few new folks. Took a couple newbie’s and it was all good. The racing was fantastic as always. One thing that was out of the ordinary for me was watching Kyle Cummins on Saturday. I usually don’t spend much time watching a leader check out, but it’s rare when you see a car and driver look that good that you can hardly look away. Duane from the Dirt Nerds podcast I believe described it as magical, and he’s not wrong. If you would’ve wanted to bet me someone would lead all 40, I would’ve taken that bet with the $500 per lap incentive. But congratulations to Kyle for getting it all. So next year it’s paying 20k to win and hopefully another lap incentive as well. One things for sure, I won’t take that bet next year

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
9/2/22, 7:10 PM   #9
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Overall a great event. I was only able to make Friday and Saturday. Was surely disappointed my buddy Brent was unable to make it and Stevensville Mike as well. In spite of that we made the best of it which wasn’t hard to do. Got to catch up with Yeleyfan76 nodramazone20, and KO for some great conversation and spirited debate. Got to talk to duel some and meet me a few new folks. Took a couple newbie’s and it was all good. The racing was fantastic as always. One thing that was out of the ordinary for me was watching Kyle Cummins on Saturday. I usually don’t spend much time watching a leader check out, but it’s rare when you see a car and driver look that good that you can hardly look away. Duane from the Dirt Nerds podcast I believe described it as magical, and he’s not wrong. If you would’ve wanted to bet me someone would lead all 40, I would’ve taken that bet with the $500 per lap incentive. But congratulations to Kyle for getting it all. So next year it’s paying 20k to win and hopefully another lap incentive as well. One things for sure, I won’t take that bet next year
Was a good time this wknd as it always is at Kokomo. Spirited debate is a great way to put it. That was especially fun. Looking forward to another fun visit out that way again. The Smackdown wknd is the jewel of the sprint car schedule and glad to see more money being paid out. Now if only we could get a similar deal at Haubstadt. A second 3 night event of close hard racing with great track prep. I’m thinking wknd after 4 crown. No need to finish the Midwest year in Lawrenceburg anymore. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth til the following season.

1 member likes this post: streetglider
9/3/22, 12:06 PM   #10
Re: Smackdown 11
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
I would like to wish Brent G some good health as he could only make the 1st night. One of the ambassadors of the place. I thought it was a big success. Good car counts each night and good crowds. That is a fast 3 days. Lots of good people you run across. Congrats to Kyle Cummins for putting a whippin on the field.
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Hope everyone had a good time. Got out of hospital Wednesday evening. Still not up and around much, but fortunate to be upright. Had planned on a busy fall schedule, but not sure if I will be at any races the rest of the year. I am ready for next year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown 11