congrats tyler, bet there was some back flips

7/17/11, 1:29 AM   #12
berks co

A Pa posse car
Posted using Mobile Device

7/17/11, 1:41 AM   #13
Re: Kings Royal
petey

Wow sounds like it was an unbelievable finish! Big congrats to Walker!! Been a fan of his for a while. He hasn't had a lot to brag about since he started racing in Pa. last year and I'm glad to see him pull off a big win. This is the biggest win of his career hands down.

Sammy is just jinxed.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Russ
7/17/11, 9:14 AM   #14
Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcweld View Post
A few drivers doing double duty tonight see Hannigan won the 360 Feature.
Man that takes me back. When he was early in his career the San Jose Fairgrounds speedway started a 360 division as a way for young drivers to get into sprints. Hannigan drove both, and IIRC he might have been track champ at the time, or at a minimum one of the top contenders in the 410s. Been so long I don't think we called them 410s at the time.

7/17/11, 9:18 AM   #15
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
congrats tyler, bet there was some back flips
No backflips last nite.Knee is still hurting from last surgery.

7/17/11, 12:12 PM   #16
Sprintcarfanatic

Would have like to have seen a caution about 3/4 into it. David Gravel was coming on & finished 3rd, Might have been a different outcome. Hell he even caught & passed Kemenah for 3rd on the last lap in 1 & 2. I believe he started 16th.

7/17/11, 12:22 PM   #17
Gee2

Ive never been to a sprint race where the smell of the tires burning off the track was as bad as it was last night, the track was like concrete, the best racing by far was the 360's. Looks like Saldanna broke some bones and punctured a lung, hope is luck changes for the better at the big E

7/17/11, 5:13 PM   #18
Eatin Dirt

Went to the Kings Royal for the first time in years, had been hitting Sprint Week and thought I would make the shorter drive to Eldora vs to Tri-State. About halfway through the evening I realized I Drove the wrong direction. It was a pretty good race, but I just have become so much of a non-wing fan.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, RGraves
7/17/11, 6:24 PM   #19
HEAD

Gravel was flying in the 360 feature. He ran 3rd in his heat but went in the wrong entrance to the infield to get to the scales to was penalized and had to run the B and started 17th. Great run for him just wish he could've caught a yellow or would've went in the correct gate. He was still the 3rd car in line at the scales just didn't exit track off turn 4.

The WoO feature didn't have that hard charger like Gravel in the 360 but what I didn't understand and maybe someone here can shed some light but the last 2 restarts they did single file due to what they say were "safety concerns" for the tires. Now if the leader goes into 1 on the restart and blows a tire is it that much more safe under a single file restart Vs a double file? The double file does already kinda setup the slider goin into 1 but you still had guys firing them off on the single file. Jus would've liked to seen the Paul get a shot at the leaders under that double file start because Sammy was pulling Tyler on all the restarts.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings Royal