IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ginblueearth (Offline)
  #11 6/6/22 1:14 PM
Husets just added 305 winged sprints to the Friday night show of the USAC Nationals I don't know if that's good or bad . And yes the WOO show that was rained last night(6-5) is on June 22 the night before the 3 day outlaw show. So it is now basically a 4 day WOO show June 22,23,24,25
cornerthree (Offline)
  #12 6/6/22 1:24 PM
Sprint car coumts are about average for midget week. Two years ago thewre were over 40 midgets every night. But that was the year of covid. Around 30 is a good number for open motors. And I drove from Green Bay to Huset's well worth the trip I plan to return.
3 Likes: ginblueearth, oppweld, tirespinner
sw1911 (Offline)
  #13 6/6/22 1:58 PM
Originally Posted by ginblueearth:
Husets just added 305 winged sprints to the Friday night show of the USAC Nationals I don't know if that's good or bad . And yes the WOO show that was rained last night(6-5) is on June 22 the night before the 3 day outlaw show. So it is now basically a 4 day WOO show June 22,23,24,25
Is that starting to look like a mini Knoxville?
ginblueearth (Offline)
  #14 6/6/22 9:19 PM
Originally Posted by sw1911:
Is that starting to look like a mini Knoxville?
Exactly what I was thinking but now I have to decide. What I want to do outlaws or USAC I can't afford both . The question is how many car will be at Husets for the outlaw show now
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #15 6/6/22 9:23 PM
Originally Posted by ginblueearth:
Exactly what I was thinking but now I have to decide. What I want to do outlaws or USAC I can't afford both . The question is how many car will be at Husets for the outlaw show now
Depends on the racing you like. Husets will be kinda like Lawrenceburg and Bridgeport. Too fast for the track and any slip up will cause quick closure. Knoxville is more spread out but also provides great racing. Have fun.

Charles Nungester
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #16 6/7/22 9:31 AM
I don’t think 305’s one night will take away from the USAC show. Now if they add wings every night, well that’s a different story. Knoxville was a joke. Their primary focus was on their weekly show. Not sure why they even bothered bringing USAC in. As far as car count, you have to think of USAC in terms of sprints AND midgets. Between the two you should have over 40 and maybe 50. Plus two great features every night with two unique classes.
3 Likes: captrat, mc/rider, oppweld
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #17 6/7/22 9:49 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
I don’t think 305’s one night will take away from the USAC show. Now if they add wings every night, well that’s a different story. Knoxville was a joke. Their primary focus was on their weekly show. Not sure why they even bothered bringing USAC in. As far as car count, you have to think of USAC in terms of sprints AND midgets. Between the two you should have over 40 and maybe 50. Plus two great features every night with two unique classes.
Was USAC midgets the primary focus at Tri city? Or even Tri State? Sure didn't seem like it.

Charles Nungester
oppweld (Offline)
  #18 6/7/22 11:51 AM
Tri City they kinda overrun by support classes, but I don't know what your talking about at Haubstadt.
2 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #19 6/7/22 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Thank-you for posting that Throwback!!!

...I suppose everyone wonders why gas and the price of everything is high too...lol. Many of us aren't surprised; in-fact we warned them...

Thankfully many midget clubs are still getting 22/23/24 cars. I always say, I never knew how much people cared about B-mains/semi-features, til they don't have them...when they go away, people sure miss them. The PLUS side is, when you don't have them, all the cars that are there make the show and get start money; plus, it SHOULD help the show get over sooner, if you do not have one.
I don't really care about B-Mains either, UNLESS there's a big car count & some hotshots are in the B...
The main reason I like large car counts is that they make the heats more meaningful....
3 Likes: Bill Angel, Rick Eaton, tirespinner
The Prodigy (Offline)
  #20 6/7/22 1:29 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
i don't really care about b-mains either, unless there's a big car count & some hotshots are in the b...
The main reason i like large car counts is that they make the heats more meaningful....
💯