Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO
12/7/19, 12:43 AM   #11
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
i went to a WoO race at Tri-State a few years ago and watched tractors work the track more than sprint cars race. They had modifieds too. lose lose.

Rich M
I simply dont understand this argument. It's rare that any track does not run a support division; and many run a "worse" class than Modifieds.

And while it's fine to say you don't enjoy the tractor show, but to point to it as a reason to not attend to me is absurd because otherwise they run a tight organized show and still get the races over at a decent hour.

Speaking more generally now, I've been to many track run more classes on a big night on a worse track surface and still take a half hour break with the track just sitting their while it starts to get late. Now that's something to complain about.
Last edited by brsteg; 12/7/19 at 12:45 AM.

12/7/19, 2:36 AM   #12
flagboy55

I’ll take the tractor show any day for the surface and the racing provided by Tri State. I’m still amazed every time I hear someone complaining about it. I’m glad to see a WOO Kokomo date but an October 24 date is dubious in my book. Definitely a crap shoot weather wise then. I hope it works

12/7/19, 4:08 AM   #13
Re: WoO
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

my biggest take-away from Knoxville this year was they didn't touch the track after hot laps. all 4 nights the track did pretty much the same thing. it can be done. no support division either.

p.s. Nappanee has a wonderful steam tractor show in September. well worth a visit.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Jonr, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART
12/7/19, 9:57 AM   #14
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I’m glad to see a WOO Kokomo date but an October 24 date is dubious in my book. Definitely a crap shoot weather wise then. I hope it works
I agree, I was excited when I read Kokomo was back on the WoO schedule. Then I saw the date and thought that is a poor choice to run that late in the season. It will be a week after the Klash, which is often a very cold event with lows near freezing. I hope they will try for an early start.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
12/7/19, 11:30 PM   #15
jim goerge

Quote:
my biggest take-away from Knoxville this year was they didn't touch the track after hot laps. all 4 nights the track did pretty much the same thing. it can be done. no support division either.

p.s. Nappanee has a wonderful steam tractor show in September. well worth a visit.
I have only been to Knoxville once, but the time I was there the first heat race was best race of the night cuz track was still wet and loose , but after that race track was getting hard and what I call blue grooved, and slick. when you run 2 classes of sprint cars ( they also run a 305 class) you don"t need mods then. When I"m at TTS and see the green tractors come on to the track I SMILE cuz I know what kind of track the sprints get to run on and what kind of show I"m about to see

12/7/19, 11:36 PM   #16
flagboy55

I just Haubstadt wasn’t 250 miles from my house

12/7/19, 11:55 PM   #17
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I have only been to Knoxville once, but the time I was there the first heat race was best race of the night cuz track was still wet and loose , but after that race track was getting hard and what I call blue grooved, and slick. when you run 2 classes of sprint cars ( they also run a 305 class) you don"t need mods then. When I"m at TTS and see the green tractors come on to the track I SMILE cuz I know what kind of track the sprints get to run on and what kind of show I"m about to see
Your damn straight Jim! Other tracks should take notes from the Helfrich’s on track prep. I bet if you ask the drivers they are pretty happy their right rear looks great after the race and that tire is ready for the next track. I just don’t get why people complain about track prep, when you know the feature is going to be bad ass. I’ll second the earlier comment about dead time between races when they could be preparing the track.

12/8/19, 3:15 AM   #18
jim goerge

Chief How long do you think it takes Tommy and crew to rework the track 15 to 20 minutes? I"ve been to some tracks were it takes that long between heat races. Once again some people bit^h about hung with a new rope.

12/8/19, 4:19 PM   #19
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Looks like Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 has been added to the schedule for Friday, August 7th & Saturday, August 8th. If it was on there when the schedule was posted I sure as hell missed it. Pevely is on the schedule now.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, TWagner73
12/8/19, 4:20 PM   #20
SDHill89

Quote:
my biggest take-away from Knoxville this year was they didn't touch the track after hot laps. all 4 nights the track did pretty much the same thing. it can be done.
Knoxville is a completely different track than Haubstadt. Different tracks need different things to put on the best show possible. You can’t just say track a should do it this way because that’s how track b does it
Last edited by SDHill89; 12/8/19 at 5:17 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO