IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The End of the Outdoor Races
10/24/15, 2:22 PM   #1
The End of the Outdoor Races
jim goerge

The last race of the outdoor season was the Jason Leffler Memorial race at Wayne City IL, I think it was a fitting way to end the season round here . Co sactioned by USAC and PowrI it wind up with 53 of the mighty midgets. If you are like me I had never been there before, but I promise you it sure won't be my last time there. The track is small , I been told its like Macon, I am thinking kinda like Bell Clair, which is great cuz I love these little bullrings and the show these cars put on at these tracks are some of the best these eyes have ever seen , and last night was no exception as it was slide job city. The first couple of heats were great but mostly ran around the bottom , I'm not sure what heat it was , think it was heat 3 , but a kid I really enjoy watching Jake Neuman started in the back of his heat and he went up top , and showed everybody the top was there as he won the heat others must of been watching cuz next heat we had cars running everywhere. I am sure you all have read on other post about the race so I'll skip it and just say WOW. I got there early and saw my good friends there with the checked tent up and the tailgateing was on . I think this is as fun as the races eating and having drinks with friends and meeting new people . Last night I got to met LuckyBuc97 as I wind up on a deck by the grandstand . One hell of a nice guy who kinda took me under his wing always asking me if I needed anything , and talking with me like we have known each other for years. But my other friends were taking care of me too. I need to point out cuz of some health problems I am in a wheelchair and can walk with a walker but not far. Whats really kool is that all these friends I have met are this web site, and now we are great friends. I think this is what out leader Bill Gardner was hoping for when he started this site, Guess what ol buddy it works. I have met so many good people from here and love them all. only bad thing bout Wayne City is it is last cook out and tailgate , but several friends have said lets just met somewhere once a month and eat which is pretty kool I think. Hope to see and met a bunch more people next year, or at the indoor races coming up .

10/24/15, 2:38 PM   #2
Re: The End of the Outdoor Races
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Good seeing you last night, Jim! Glad you finally made it to Wayne County and had such a good time! This has been what I consider the best race of the season for three consecutive years now! Looking forward to the 2016 event!

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, wildman92
10/24/15, 5:32 PM   #3
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Agree Jim, it was a fabulous race. That is the perfect midget track. Macon and Belle-Clair are great as well. Illinois has the market cornered on great midget tracks. Enjoyed hanging out with the group, take care of yourself in the off season.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, wildman92
10/25/15, 3:48 PM   #4
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

One would have to say a good time was had by all, the "Party in the Bean field" was great and will only be surpassed by next years "Party in the Cornfield", great group of people, great food, beautiful night, what more could one have asked for. Oh there was a pretty darn good race as well!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4 members like this post: bmemmer, jim goerge, openwheelKT, wildman92
10/25/15, 4:51 PM   #5
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

We just finished putting everything in the shed for the winter. Always a sad time. Thanks to every track, promoter and driver for another awesome racing season. We met a lot of new friends along the way this year and we can't wait to do it all over again next year. The Leffler Memorial was the perfect way to end the season. Can't wait until next year's party in the bean field.

As always, if you see the flags and black & white checkered tent, please stop by and say hi. Chances are we've got some food on the grill, delicious adult beverages and a good game of corn hole going on (Sam is up to playing against anyone, anywhere and anytime). 🏁

Hope to see a lot of you at Banker's Life in December.

10/25/15, 7:51 PM   #6
jim goerge

Everything is in the shed. Guess no tailgateing at Bankers life huh

2 members like this post: dctracy79, i love dirt track racing
10/26/15, 8:16 AM   #7
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Jim really looking forward to next years Indiana trip and our continuation of some excellent bench racing!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/26/15, 9:23 AM   #8
jim goerge

David Me too buddy me too,

1 member likes this post: davidm
10/26/15, 9:56 AM   #9
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Yes Jim it certainly was a fun racing season. It is true that everything is put away for now, but before we know it, it will be time to get it back out and get started again at Brownstown in late March. Thanks again to everyone. Our racing family is second to none!!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The End of the Outdoor Races