IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National Speed Sport News
9/26/09, 11:53 PM   #11
Re: National Speed Sport News
I Miss Manzy

Re: Internet subscription to NSSN.
How do you take it into the bathroom ?

9/27/09, 2:34 AM   #12
bigmojo5

Buy a printer that prints tabloid size (11 by 17) and a ream of paper.
Also, a LOT of ink.
Last edited by bigmojo5; 9/27/09 at 2:36 AM.

9/27/09, 8:08 AM   #13
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy View Post
Re: Internet subscription to NSSN.
How do you take it into the bathroom ?

Well, with my setup consisting of DSL and wireless, I COULD take my laptop into the can......and since I save the download to my laptop, I don't need paper or ink.....

And yes, I know that you guys were just making a joke....

9/27/09, 5:05 PM   #14
Lucky161

After over 40 years of my dad taking NSSN, when he passed away last year, I didn't renew it. Instead I went with the online version. It's cheaper and doesn't waste paper, but I forget to look a lot of times.
In years past, I subscribed myself when I didn't live in the same town as dad. When I lived in Amarillo, the postman often would deliver mine and someone else's to me. I knew him, so when I would get his, I'd just go put his in his mailbox.
One thing I noticed for decades was the slow delivery. Many times there would be a big ad in there for a race that took place before we saw the ad. I finally figured out it was partially due to the postman delivering when he got good and ready. Complaining helped a little, but not much. I understand that first class delivery was an option, but pretty pricey and I'd already learned to live with the problem.

9/27/09, 5:12 PM   #15
Danny Burton

My response to all these complaints, all of which are valid:

My only solution is for you all to move here, and live on one of the five routes that I carry. I'm very aware of who subscribes to NSSN here, at least on 5 of our city routes.

There are worse places to live.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/27/09, 6:45 PM   #16
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
My response to all these complaints, all of which are valid:

My only solution is for you all to move here, and live on one of the five routes that I carry. I'm very aware of who subscribes to NSSN here, at least on 5 of our city routes.

There are worse places to live.
Knew it wouldn't be long b4 the simple solution was found!!....but what happens when ur on Vac??...or those rtes are rebid??...Its still all about da 'USPS'...their ineficency,Union policys n' procedures!!....Sorry mr. Mailpouch,we're not buy'n any more excuses from da USPS!!.....NSSN,subscribers deserve better service than most are receiving!!...JMO!!

9/27/09, 10:56 PM   #17
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter View Post
Its still all about da 'USPS'...their ineficency,Union policys n' procedures!!....Sorry mr. Mailpouch,we're not buy'n any more excuses from da USPS!!.....NSSN,subscribers deserve better service than most are receiving!!...JMO!!

2. Please be specific in which "union" policies contirbute this. We work under a labor agreement which was [B]jointly[B] negotiated. All I can say is that I deliver the mail that is brought to my given work area.

3. What excuses? Did you not read my statement that all the complaints were valid? I'm no more familiar with the situation in Austin (Texas or Indiana) than you are with the situation here. I thought I was affirming the gripes here. I'm not any kind of spokeman for the USPS; they pay people in D.C. good money to do PR work.

4. Well, duh. Of course, NSSN subscribers, among many others, deserve better service. Each individual customer/consumer is at the mercy of whoever is doing the service on a given day. This includes everything from race track rest rooms to fast food meals to mail service to whatever vehicle you drive or ride.

5. I don't mind the attacks on the USPS; I'm likely to join in, having observed over 22 years of managerial incompetence. But if you're gonna lump me with things that I have no control over, beware. You, or anyone else, can be painted with the same kind of brush. You won't like it. I assure you that I don't either.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: mowerman, SprintManDave
9/29/09, 12:25 PM   #18
SPRINTCAR

You can view the paper online without an online subscription. Wednesday I'm on there checking it out.

New Nationalspeedportnews.com Feature Untangles The 'Web' of Auto-Racing Information on the Internet

HARRISBURG, N.C. (Sep. 29, 2009) - National Speed Sport News has just made your life a little easier.

The paper's Web site, nationalspeedsportnews.com, has introduced a new feature designed to give you an online source for auto-racing news from across the country and around the world.

Instead of spending hours each day scanning the Internet for news and information about your favorite sport, representatives of the new nationalspeedsportnews.com will do it for you. They will scan the Internet for the best auto-racing stories and post them at Site See, providing a brief synopsis of each story along with links to the hosting sites.

"Site See will literally untangle the 'web' of auto-racing information available on the Internet," said Corinne Economaki, publisher of National Speed Sport News. "There is a tremendous amount of quality auto-racing news and information available on the Internet, but very few people have time to regularly visit the vast number of sites.

"When combined with our Today's News feature, Site See provides a quick and concise way to learn about all the stories that are making news in the racing industry on any given day," Economaki added. "Site See is the direct result of feedback from race fans who wanted a simpler way to better keep up with their favorite sport."

Nationalspeedsportnews.com provides race fans, drivers and industry insiders an online destination for breaking news along with access to the same quality writing and photography they have enjoyed in the paper's printed version for 75 years.

The new Site See feature is available free to all visitors, but a majority of the content at nationalspeedsportnews.com is available only to those who subscribe to the printed version of the National Speed Sport News or purchase an online subscription.

An online-only subscription is $14.99 per year while a one-year subscription to National Speed Sport News - 50 issues - is available for $47, or a two-year subscription can be purchased at the discounted price of $79. Print subscriptions include online access.

Subscriptions can be purchased online at www.nationalspeedsportnews.com or by calling 1-866-455-2531.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e-mail: info@nationalspeedsportnews.com
web: http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com
Last edited by SPRINTCAR; 9/29/09 at 12:32 PM. Reason: new news

9/29/09, 3:18 PM   #19
SprintManDave

Danny Burton has it right. Here in our hometown, I have never had a delivery problem, but Florida is a completely different situation. It sometimes don't arrive for 1-2 weeks late, and like another said in their post,sometimes I get 2 in the same week. So it is up to your local post office to get it right.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National Speed Sport News