IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 500 Sprint car tour
4/15/24, 8:39 AM   #1
500 Sprint car tour

Say what you want, but the move from Flo to Dirt Vision has dropped its visibility. Every single race last year, had several people posting on social media. Along with extra advertising on Flo. Updates were few and far between yesterday. Crowd was nothing to write home about either. So changing streaming did not bring extra people to the track. Maybe my social media algorithms are just screwed up. Big drop in visibility. That is going to hurt with attracting sponsors.

6 members like this post: Bostonian, Charles Nungester, duel, Hubie48, Jrp4554, LUCKYONE
4/15/24, 11:42 AM   #2
Re: 500 Sprint car tour
staggerman

Did you give it some thought that maybe Flo did not want the 500 Series anymore? Flo has greatly reduced the amount of tracks and series they cover. I am sure they analyze viewership and value to make that decision. On the flip side, many tracks/series are not happy with what they get in return from Flo to have their race broadcast. Perhaps Dirtvision is providing a better benefit in compensation to the series and tracks. As for social media updates that should fall on the series not the broadcast. JMO

4/15/24, 1:37 PM   #3
cowboyhar69

500sprintcartour.com has all the results plus they are also on their Facebook page.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/16/24, 9:09 AM   #4

You might be right. I'm just telling you there was not much out there other than what the series was posting. Last season there were several people posting. Good, bad, right, or wrong the social media presence on Sunday was drastically different. I follow the series because of the Little 500.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
4/16/24, 11:20 AM   #5
Eric Smith

I have Flo and I'm a casual pavement open wheel fan. I would have watched the pavement sprint races on Flo (but not traveled hundreds of miles to see live). I had no idea they had even raced yet. So I guess I have to agree that something is different this year.

3 members like this post: 767, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier
4/17/24, 2:55 PM   #6

They actually have a very competitive series. Honestly I did not watch there races live. I did catch all of them throughout the week due to my own travels.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
4/17/24, 10:32 PM   #7
interpreter66

You can also keep up with them on pavement pounders web site,especially with the little 500 coming up ,they will have a lot of info on there

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 500 Sprint car tour