IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo. Tv
7/14/23, 3:39 AM   #1
Flo. Tv
Blackduce

I would like to thank Flo on coverage of the Million. The quality was excellent.
So thanks for the special time.
Lynn

7/14/23, 8:57 AM   #2
Pancho Stapp

I second those thoughts BD and it was very cool hearing Chet as well.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, LUCKYONE, SOROKACH35FAN
7/14/23, 9:13 AM   #3
badcoupe

The picture quality on those drone shots was amazing. Race itself a bit lacking.

4 members like this post: azsprintfan1, Hubie48, LUCKYONE, stp6237
7/14/23, 9:28 AM   #4
Re: Flo. Tv
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

First, I'm happy for Shark Racing and Logan. Honestly was my pick anyway and like Scruffy, Everything's in the cars. If you're looking for the nicest shop, haulers etc. They're not it. Way to go.

The Broadcast was good, Lots of interviews insights etc on Flo.

Glad Chet somehow keep the other guy from screaming into the mic the entire show. I generally don't watch All Stars because of it.. They did a good job.

The track itself, I've seen much better. I've also seen worse. But it's the same for eveeryone. Glad it wasn't a all bottom Eldora, That to me, isn't what Eldora is all about. However the race itself was just ok.

I kept my comments to crowd size to myself and glad I did. Kinda amazes me the number who only come in for the features.. When I went to big races either with family friends or myself, we were there from gate open to last picture taken in the track. watching prep, haulers pull in whatever and shooting the racing bull. Maybe some day soon, I'll be part of the camping scene. But The race was always my reason for going.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/14/23 at 9:34 AM.

4 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, rapid robert
7/14/23, 10:36 AM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

-The coverage got better as the night went on. They finally figured out that zooming in on first and second at the start of a race isn’t the way to do it.
- The non-wing highlights from ‘03 showed how much better the racing was than this year’s race.
- Wing fans are a bunch of alcoholic idiots. They finally stop tailgating at about 8pm and show up drunk and have no idea what good racing is.

2 members like this post: azsprintfan1, Love dirt
7/14/23, 11:27 AM   #6
Re: Flo. Tv
Hubie48

I think that for a Thursday arriving late is pretty normal.

I'm getting set for Sprint weeks and this will be maybe taking off work an hour early. I will still have to deal with the roped off seating areas. Gas City is pretty bad about it. Retirement is not that far off so I suppose I will be the guy roping off seats here in the very near future!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/14/23, 11:39 AM   #7
dsc1600

They ran the bottom in before the C mains but didn’t do much after. It was kind of like the old Eldora last night right up against the wall and sliders being the only way to pass which made it into a bit of a snoozer, but with everything on the line and the great backstory of the winner it was still a very cool event.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hubie48, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo. Tv